Foreign Tax Reclaims Question

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by cigdem, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. cigdem


    I am a US investor. Over the course of the year I have held several ADR's, some of which paid dividends (or other distributions). Foreign tax was withheld on most of these dividends. I understand that some foreign tax payments are reclaimable from the withholding country, but have no idea how to reclaim the withholding tax or where to find information on this. Countries where I have paid withholding include Canada and China.

    I'd appreciate any information you may be able to provide.

  2. I'll defer to the Foreign Tax Reclaims experts and gurus on this one!