foreign currency trading VS. equity trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by roumeo, May 14, 2002.

1. I don't know why it would hurt to list their phone number here.

Honestly, as if this is some cloak & dagger spy game.

Probably just another fx scam, that's all.

Think about it logically, why would some reputable firm want to hire a new guy to trade other people's money? Is it because:
    a. They have the utmost trust and confidence in the new trader.
    b. They know he is a "lucky" kind of guy.
    c. They are just looking to fill desks in their trading room.
    d. They are not a reputable firm, and are out to make a buck scamming some suckers.

I'd pick D. Why doesn't the original poster take the advice of those posting on this board? If you really want to trade Forex in the spot market, why not just look around for an online reputable broker? I would not go with the company that sought you out unless you have some friends that are looking to take a tax loss.

#31     May 15, 2002
  2. vvv

vvv

hi roumeo, i didn't want to put you off of spot fx, hehe, just that one firm (and all it's cousins and other relatives), but there are very many reputable institutions that might be viable for you for a job, some of them to be found in the articles from my link above, if that sounds interesting to you and you want to be employed...

or just trading your own account in spot fx if you don't...

or in equities or whatever instrument best suits you...

probably the most important thing, doing what feels right to you...

as for trouble, i shouldn't think that you'll be in any trouble as long as you haven't done anything for them...

good luck with whatever you decide to do !

cheers

#32     May 15, 2002
  3. roumeo

roumeo

Thank you so much for your suggestion. you are right. Why do they pick up me to do this? I have tried to ask myself so many times, but the answer is same as yours. Yeah, I don't want to do this to bring me trouble in the future. it is not good. THanks so much for your suggestion

Roumeo

#33     May 15, 2002
  4. stevet

stevet

roumeo

how did you come across this company?

#34     May 15, 2002
  5. roumeo

roumeo

You know that as a new guy, it is impossible for me to work for those big banks. Although I Have decent degree, so what to them? IN such bad market, everything sucks. I don't know what to do. Maybe it is good to take the risk. but as for me, I prefer to take the risk in Equity firm instead of that firm since it is still fair in those proprietary trading firm. No big trouble either.

Thanks so much
    roumeo

#35     May 15, 2002
  6. roumeo

roumeo

Yeah, I saw this from school job posting. So I apply it.. very easy interview. NO tech question. I just got in... that is it. Feel too easy to get in. I always like to put question mark into those easy things. There is no free lunch inthis world, especially in Wall Street.

Roumeo

#36     May 15, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

well, if you went in somewhere to get your hair cut and the owner said that if you bring in customers for haircuts - you can cut their hair and split the money with the owner - would you do it?

so why even spend a second thinking about trading money at a financial institution where they dont even ask you questions! even if you have what it takes to trade - you still have years of learning - and u need to earn bucks while you learn - and if they feel you are worth it - they will pay you

i hate analogies - but thought "haircut was a real apt one!

is the plan at bogus places - that they get someone to bring in money - they keep the money - and then tell the salesguy to trade the money - knowing he will lose it - of course - it is not lost as the company just banks it - but the salesguy/trader thinks he has lost it - and he sees his trades for real lose money - except he was just using virtual money

#37     May 15, 2002
  8. Roumeo,out of curiousity,what's the firm's name that is offering you the equity trading position;if you don't want to mention it,i'll understand.

#38     May 15, 2002
  9. egildone

egildone

Very funny!:D

Ed

#39     May 15, 2002

10. I thought that was common knowledge. They do make good Belchin waffles though...

#40     May 15, 2002