Foreclosure Numbers Going In Wrong Direction: Getting Much, Much Worse

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 1, 2009.

1. That image makes it look as though that guy has a cell phone to a his left ear. He's probably organizing his debt at lifetime 2.98%

He can work on a Mid-Western farm as laborer and easily pay that back.

#11     Sep 1, 2009
  2. No ....Confucious say "picking bottom gives one brown stinky finger." But one can also get some great deals too. If one disconnect his blommy feed and grows a pair of balls.

#12     Sep 1, 2009
  3. Did you have 'green shits' this morning?

#13     Sep 1, 2009
  4. I don't know what that means.

But my call list of buys and sells and rents is full... and that's even with 90 temps and 102,000acre fire burning 25 miles from here.

#14     Sep 1, 2009
  5. MattF

MattF

#15     Sep 1, 2009
  6. united46

united46

I do like coming to this site to read articles that people find that I don't have the time to.

However, I have to admit to being surprised by the way people post and then kinda use the artcile as some "proof" of future market/sector direction.

For many years, I was always lead to believe that ..."if it's in the press, it's in the price". Most real estate stocks/funds etc are down massively from their highs. Historically, real estate busts tend to last much longer than stock market declines.

So what's the major news here?

As I said, I enjoy reading such articles and this is not meant to offend the original poster, it's more a general observation on such posts.

What have I missed?

#16     Sep 1, 2009
  7. What WE got is demand. They were crawling all over themselves to pay four and change for those North of NoHo bordering on shittown. That tells me a ton about the low end around there.

#17     Sep 2, 2009
  8. MattF

MattF

Rule #1 of an investor: "don't get emotionally attached to the home you want to buy."

Rule #1 of a homebuyer: "buy the home you LOVE regardless of price.."

:D :D

#18     Sep 2, 2009
  9. that auction was me in 1989 buying my first home for 1/2 of 1988 high. in those days we went through a horrible crisis in the ensuing years. let's just say , we recovered and i did real well since then.

i am buying now again and i know what i'm doing.

#19     Sep 2, 2009
  10. Of course you recovered. When you bought you had the greatest equity bubble in history followed by the greatest real estate bubble in history still ahead of you.

I don't know if you know what you are doing or not. Read 'Fooled by Randomness'. Taleb might have an opinion on it.

#20     Sep 2, 2009