forecasting trenddays

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by man, Feb 23, 2006.

1. man

man

EMATRSlope(0.25) is greater than 0, then tomorrows trendiness is increased by 10%.

EMATR(0.25) is an exponential moving average on true range.

i did something on rangeCompression as well, which indicates additional trendiness, but EMATRSlope seems to do a better job.

anyone else active here? with concrete outputs?

2. man

man

additional
    when the market opens tomorrow below 50% of the last ten days range, then the trendiness increases by 20%.

3. How are you quantifying trendiness?

4. You might be better off using the Market Profile to describe and anticipate trendiness instead of arithmetic mumbo-jumbo.

5. Please explain what is EMATRSlope? Thank you.

I recently sat in on Dr John Clayburg seminar, he has a simple way to determine trend I am still testing it. Here is the link if you are interestedhttp://www.clayburg.com/ddf_home.htm

6. man

man

very simple abs(ln(Cto/Oto) or: "what does the market accomplish in distance between open and close.

7. man

man

i put an exponential moving average over true range and measure its slope by looking at todays value divided by yesterday's minus one.

8. man

man

you are referring to the classic steidlmayr concept?

well, here i am currently only looking at tendencies derived out of end of day data.

what you call mambo jumbo is "concrete" to me. anyways, take care.

9. ==================
    Man;
    Yes:cool: ;
    something like that.

Like to be ready for a trend day anytime;
    even though they may not happen as much as would prefer.EMA,SMA , most any MA helps follow trends .

Be ready for them early & like you said eod =good measure;
    done better following them more so than forecasting them.

10. man

man

:) ... turtling around ... :)

#10     Feb 27, 2006