Forecasting prices, and Mandelbrot is right.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stephencrowley, Mar 17, 2006.

1. There would be always another completely new generation of forecast modelling offering and promising a much better, if not perfect, performance that traders and researchers want. :cool:

#31     Mar 18, 2006
  2. duard

duard

I was really lost. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

#32     Mar 18, 2006
  3. Isn't there some limit? I mean, theoretically, if you had every quote and trade made in every market in the world in real time. What more could you get? Maybe you could start to try to find some factors that influenced people to make the decision to post that quote before they posted it and then forecast that.. but that's just getting wild.

#33     Mar 18, 2006
  4. Reflexivity/ Feedback - According to Soros and many others.

#34     Mar 18, 2006
  5. Just looked this up and read a brief amount, I'd say he's definately right, but nothing new. Bi-directional causality has been studied quite extensively in economics research. Also, this idea can be modeled with dynamical systems, etc.

#35     Mar 18, 2006
  6. Looks like you'll be very rich soon. Good luck! :)

#36     Mar 18, 2006
  7. lol. Being rich would be nice. My first goal is to be able to roll out of bed and make money sitting in my underwear. :D

#37     Mar 18, 2006
  8. Hey, good luck to you man, EOD is not my thing. :p

Is this a 1-day forecast, what exactly does the indicator tell?

#38     Mar 18, 2006
  9. What is this, a new thread? What happened to working night and day getting your 1% Solution up and running?

#39     Mar 18, 2006
  10. I work on my schedule, not yours, and I adjust it to suit myself.

#40     Mar 18, 2006