Forecast for 25th & 26th Aug'03

Discussion in 'Journals' started by abhay, Aug 24, 2003.

1. abhay

abhay

That is a little difficult question to answer as that is still proprietary.

How I use it ??

If my forecast is giving a sell signal and the colors on my price chart also turns Yellow - I get a confirmation and more confidence to enter SELL trade in partial lots.

( I also watch Volume bar to dip to the lowest, as that shows the least interest in buying at that point)

If forecast is giving Buy signal around that time within 15 min then I wait for colors on my chart to turn Green and Volume bar to dip to smallest as that signals least interest in selling further and I enter BUY trade there in partial lots.

I also look for 5 min stochastics, most importantly I identify pivot points based on basing action or topping action and market force.

I am always ready for the 5-6 S&P points move in oppoiste direction

#51     Aug 25, 2003
  2. abhay

abhay

I have to correct my previous post on Pg 8 about the TOPs for the day, actually the TOP in final hour occured just as shown on the forecast.

Secondary TOP was shown to occur around 1 PM and it happened exactly like that.

Did I expect the TOP will come inlast hour after it failed at 3:10 PM, probably not but as I said I may be wrong in some signals, some of the times but most of the times it happens as forecasted.

Every time it happens as forecasted it is a surprise to me and I tell myself well it may not happen next time as there is a Law of Statistics too.

Abhay

#52     Aug 25, 2003
  3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Ok, thank you for explaining it further.

Perhaps you can post a method for trading it that is not proprietary.

#53     Aug 25, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

since method need chart that turn green/yellow I think you can safely post it, I don't think anybody else has that chart.

#54     Aug 25, 2003
  5. T-REX

T-REX

Does anyone have anything interesting for tommorow?

Not me, my indicators are neutral. I'll have to set tommorow out.
    That will be day 2 on the sidelines for me.
    I'll have to waite patiently for my next trade signal.

:D

#55     Aug 25, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You drink a lot of coffee, don't you?

#56     Aug 25, 2003
  7. I could use some coffee right about now

-FastTrader

#57     Aug 25, 2003
  8. T-REX

T-REX

I'ts an old habit. It started out when I was a Commodities Broker. I had alot of clients in the Stock Index Futures Options. I had to spend countless hours doing research late at night.

How did you fare in the market today?

#58     Aug 25, 2003
  9. Here we go talking about money again.
    I also find it interesting, that someone who has spent the time building a neural net (I doubt you built it, what program did you use?), is so eager to peddle the value of stochastics.

By the looks of the churning your yellow and green chart got, I'm pretty confident your magic proprietary indicator would be something like a cross in %k and %d. Better keep that secret. It's a ruthless world out there. A deranged sheep with a spare 10 minutes could probably work that out.

The problem of educating without actually trading is you don't know what to teach.

#59     Aug 25, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, I thought what he posted was pretty much on the mark.

Ever thought of maintaining your journal in Journals rather than Trading? Or is it important to you to be at the very top of all the threads?

#60     Aug 25, 2003