Forecast for 25th & 26th Aug'03

Discussion in 'Journals' started by abhay, Aug 24, 2003.

1. abhay

abhay

Lip,

I have no problem in admitting that some signals are wrong.

But all these comments about wrong or correct are from people who are not trading and just watching and are just interested in lookng at the picture.

To me as a trader what counts is money lost or made by trading those signals !!!

Tell me if my analysis of trading profits and losses appeals to you or not.

Personally I don't care about any particular's opinion about me...

Again emphasis is on counter my analysis of money made or money lost, count the money quit looking pictures....

#41     Aug 25, 2003
  2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

abhay,

I have to agree with your detractors that doing "after the fact" analysis is very easy to do, no matter what the original forcast was because there are a million reasons why you would or wouldn't have taken a trade.

Rather than just giving a list of indicators to use for entry, I think you would have more credibility if you actually discussed the setups in realtime so that people can see your thought process before the trade rather than after. As many others do, just post when you get a setup on your indicators and then post the exit when its done. That would show the forcasts could actually be used in real-time and would help you prove your 80% accuracy claim. Plus it would help people understand how to handle things when a forcast is early, late, or wrong, etc.

As a side note, I have heard a lot of claims using astro indicators, including a professor I once had that swore by them and was quite successful. I believe there is some validity to them because I can clearly see times where they correctly call market activity. The problem I see is a lack of consistency. I have yet to see a trading plan built on them, where entry and exit is defined with money management rules. It always seems to be after the fact interpretation by people who are not trading it real-time. Showing up after and saying "I bought here, sold here" does not count.

#42     Aug 25, 2003
  3. abhay

abhay

I appreciate your views as they are genuine.

But, I cannot prove anything before the market action has happened, posting trade record after the fact does not cut with you then what is the method you think will convince you and how many people will I have to convince ????

Do not judge me based on your experience with others doing the same thing as I am not them...

Just enjoy my posts, watch and compare with market action and thiink what you could have done to benefit from it...

Afterall this is what I did, I was not told by GOD. I prepared forecasts and then watched markets for long time to see how much validity they had and how I can benefit fromthem and with time I know....

Do not worry even about me, I may be a dump of sh**, see if you can benefit from this. At the end all that you are concerned is about your profits....

Yes I will give my comments and my explanations of how I think it can be used, still every trader can use them differently.

As an example I said today I interpreted that market is choppy with no clear direction so I decided to stay out. This is not after the fact.

#43     Aug 25, 2003
  4. ramora

ramora

I would agree that there is some validity to astro indicators. It is indeed a fact that every major market high and major market low has been preceeded by a Full Moon within the last 29.53 days. Not bad. Hard to trade it however...

Good Trading,

ramora

#44     Aug 25, 2003
  5. abhay

abhay

Attached here is the chart with market action and forecasted signals marked in arrows.

PS: I am not trading today but showing how colors on price chart are giving long and short signals in real time and how forecast has correlated to actual action.
    Also sometimes some curves can go higher or lower than they are shown, so don't look only at picture but count money you could have made if traded those signals.

With only one hour left and almost all signals have shown their corelation to market.

#45     Aug 25, 2003
  6. abhay

abhay

Usually I stop trading my forecasts in last 1/2 hour as those are less reliable.

WHY ??

because I don't have historical data beyond 9:30 AM and 4 PM.

So forecasting does not have enough data points around these time frames and hence I advise lot of caution in first 15-20 min and last 1/2 hour of trading day.

#46     Aug 25, 2003
  7. abhay

abhay

If you are watching the market are you surprised that market popped suddenly at 3:10 pm edt ???

Even though I forecast, watching every signal is a moment of surprise and thrill to me.

If you did not see the forecast then it is attached below and just see how there was a sudden POP forecasted around 3:15 PM

I will post another comparison of real action including final hour later and with that last signal has also occurred correctly.

Also notice how 2 timeframes for peak around 1 pm and 3:10 pm were forecasted. Yes I know 3:10 pm was less than 1 pm but they were near...

#47     Aug 25, 2003
  8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I didn't say you had to prove anything before hand or be 100% correct...just realtime analysis. All I meant was when you get a buy/sell signal, make a post...when it hits your target/stop, make a post. Simple as that and shows a more realistic idea of what someone could expect in realtime trading. Another thing you could do is discuss your buy/sell setups and how you are determining entry/exit. Where are your stops? Yes, everyone could have a different way to trade it, but all I am asking to see is ONE way to trade it. With specific rules for entry/exit and some realtime posts to show it in action.

I am not trying to give you any grief, provided you don't actually sell your stuff on this website without paying for advertising. I mentioned that I think there could be validity to these techniques. I just want to see a successful trading plan based on it, and so far I have never seen one.

BTW, maybe I missed it, but what are the green and yellow areas on your chart?

(LOL, ramora.)

#48     Aug 25, 2003
  9. abhay

abhay

Green colors signal going LONG

Yellow color signals going SHORT

These are for day trading and chart is 5 min interval.

My chart generates these signals realtime...

These signals are one of the criteria to confirm my entry and exit

#49     Aug 25, 2003
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Ok, thanks, but I figured that part out on my own... I mean, how are they generated and how are you using them in conjunction with your forcasts?

#50     Aug 25, 2003