Forecast for 25th & 26th Aug'03

Discussion in 'Journals' started by abhay, Aug 24, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

I couldn't DL the doc :(

#21     Aug 25, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

Sorry, I tried to do it with Adobe Acrobat pdf. I tried to do it again in jpeg but the file is to big.

However, you should be able to view it at
    http://pulsescan.tripod.com/

#22     Aug 25, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

#23     Aug 25, 2003
  4. T-REX

T-REX

Im not the most computer literate or technically savvy. Thanks for the help

:)

p.s. I hope you all are short. This could be a real bleeder today. Things could get real ugly real fast.

#24     Aug 25, 2003
  5. T-REX

T-REX

The "Black" Line is your normal daily Stochastic Oscillator.
    The "Yellow" Line is your Signal line.
    The "Blue" Line is your Pulse line.
    The "Red" Line is your Scan line.

The rules on the Black line is 100 = Extreme Overbought
    0= Extreme Oversold

This is common with the normal Stochastic Oscillator function. However, as a stand alone it can be very misleading as it can stay overbought or oversold for an extended period and is prone to false signals.

The rules on the Yellow line is +.29 = Overbought
    +.40 = Extreme Overbought
    -.29 = Oversold
    -.40 = Extreme Oversold
    (This is your lead indicator)

The rules on the Blue and Red line is - they both plot the current position of the market and move in lag to the Yellow signal line. Remember, The Yellow line is the signal line that you follow for the current days reading. NOTE how today the market is prime for a modest pullback. The PulseScan Swing VIX Indicator is showing that for today the market has alot of downside room and could actually be gaining on downside momentum. Buying today could prove dangerous and costly!

This indicator has helped me stay ahead of the market and I have been able to capture much of the broader move with the help of this indicator. It is important to remember that the Yellow line often will lead the market 3-5 days out! So you need confirmation with the daily price action. I have found that although The PulseScan Swing Vix Indicator is an awsome stand alone indicator it works even better when used with MACD, ADX, and price action. As a trend following indicator its the best I've ever seen. It has been able to predict major turning points in the Major indicies.

I think that you will find it most helpful when used in conjunction to what ever you use now.

p.s. do any of you all watch CNBC, follow the Turtles Trend Following techniques or follow Linda B. Raschke?

#25     Aug 25, 2003
  6. You're probably right!:D

#26     Aug 25, 2003
  7. Tea

Tea

abhay: I don't mean to be a smart-alec, but your charts seem to point directly opposite the market.

Is it possible that you have inadvertently posted the charts upside down?

#27     Aug 25, 2003
  8. :D

-FastTrader

#28     Aug 25, 2003
  9. The charts of the DJ/SP/ND so far are mostly just down to sideways chop. I suppose you might be able to claim to see any correlation you wanted to in the noise at a micro-level with a little fudging.

#29     Aug 25, 2003
  10. T-REX

T-REX

I think that the smaller the interval the greater the noise. The problem with short-term indicators is that most momentum/ divergence indicators are lagging the market by 3-5 bars intra-day. Sometimes the lag can be greater under heavy volume. The best result I have found is under Daily bars on MACD. Intra-day 5-minute Bars are excellent with 5,40,5. If you program your MACD to those parameters you will see a greater percentage of increase profits on positive and negative divergence. Stay away from Stochastics and RSI on intra-day price charting. Not only are these indicators horrible but it is my experience that the base indicators themselves are great if you know how to tweak them and use them in accordance to longer time periods. Unfortunately as stand alone indicators. Stochastics, and RSI divergence and the like are no good on smaller duration withen the shorter timeframe charting intra-day. Try the MACD with the 5,40,5 and you will see a dramatic difference. Don't ask me why but it just works out better that way. Long term indicators on shorter-term time frames work best.

:) :) :)

#30     Aug 25, 2003