Forced retirement account bill now in the Senate.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Sep 8, 2010.

1. No....CIA uses 23% unemployment as their number OR when the top 10% of the country is 18 times more wealthy than the bottom 10%.....with barry s. we are now up to about 16.8 times difference ( :eek: ).

Typically, if any of these two matrix criteria are met there is immediate drastic change in government (big ideological shift, revolution, or coup attempt). So as it stands now, the US is on the very edge of transitioning into statistical warning zone.......keep it up barry s. you almost have the bus off the cliff......YES WE CAN!!! :eek:

In the end.....EVERYTHING remains ON TRACK for the Globalist lead TAKEDOWN of american! :eek:

#21     Sep 8, 2010
  2. I am not attempting to promote this organization. I used their article because it does an excellent job of describing the bill and the disaster this will be if passed. September 7th, 2010, Fairfax, VA—A new bill proposed by Senators Jeff Bingaman and John Kerry would force enrollment in “automatic Investment Retirement Accounts”, prompting Americans for Limited Government

#22     Sep 8, 2010
  3. trendy

trendy

Actually, no it was not an excellent job of describing the bill. More fear-mongering than anything else. The headline screams "Mandatory Retirement Accounts..." There is nothing mandatory about it, with the exception that employees are automatically enrolled unless and until they opt out, which they are freely allowed to do.

Further the article intimates that the Govt. will force the people to buy Treasuries. I guess the author failed to read that part of the bill that says investment options B & C ( which allow for "riskier" investments) shall be based upon "A broadly diversified class of assets or fund" Gee, I don't think "you have to buy Treasuries or else" constitutes a "broadly diversified class of assets or fund"

People should really read a document for themselves, and not merely rely upon someone else, with who knows what agenda, to tell them what the document says or does.

Read it for yourselves. http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:s3760is.txt.pdf

#23     Sep 9, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've never seen such outlandish ignorance omong elected officials in my lifetime.

I never thought I would see a Country so torn, so divided, that a civil war could occur in my lifetime...

#24     Sep 9, 2010
  5. emg

emg

#25     Sep 9, 2010
  6. Arnie

Arnie

I was thinking about converting to a Roth, but I really think that Congress could tax ALL retirement accounts in the future, including Roths. After all, they have to go where the money is. It would start out small, say a 5% tax on the "rich". Hell, they tax SS!! Who would have thought that 20 years ago?

#26     Sep 9, 2010
  7. And half of the population is saying, "That's OK... so long as the government gives me a little something-something".

#27     Sep 9, 2010
  8. trendy

trendy

Yep, and having now gotten there, I'm afraid there is no going back.

#28     Sep 9, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yep, the dumbing of America is what started it years ago.

Now you have the dumbing of America, and lazy, non productive people saying give me something while I sit around and watch tv. To make matters worse, people who used to be productive are saying, "oh the hell with it! I want to stay home, or go to school for the rest of my life."

I was buying gas, waiting in line, when a guy in front of me told the clerk, "I make the same money on unemployment that I did when I worked." I'm sure he wasn't making much when he did work, but this just isn't right!:mad: I work hard for what I have, and have never ever been given a government handout! All big government wants to do is take away from people like me...

The dumbing of America+ people who are no longer smart enough to be allowed to vote anymore= big problems.

All I want for Christmas is my Country back...

#29     Sep 9, 2010