Forced retirement account bill now in the Senate.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Maybe it's not so illogical to join the Tea Party.

All the new government control "is for your own good".

#11     Sep 8, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yep, and we all know how well the government "manages" anything they touch.:eek: :eek:

We really are becoming the United Slaves of America... Sad:mad:

#12     Sep 8, 2010
  3. When The unemployment/underemployment level reaches 50%

That is typically the numbers needed historically before you have turmoil and forced government change.

#13     Sep 8, 2010
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Forced government change? We're getting more than enough of that already. I shudder to think what a real crisis would bring...

#14     Sep 8, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

@ 50% anarchy would be reality imo.

#15     Sep 8, 2010
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

the king makers will remain the same?

#16     Sep 8, 2010
  7. Heck, no need to reach those levels to incite anarchy. I'd say add a few percentage points and cut off food stamps and unemployment insurance and you see cities burning.

#17     Sep 8, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

No question!

#18     Sep 8, 2010
  9. clacy

clacy

If they Dems somehow were stupid enough (and they probably are) to try to seize retirement accounts in any way, the Republicans would gain a veto-proof majority in the Senate and the Presidency easily.

This could end up being a good thing because that law, as well as HC reform would be overturned in 2012.

I don't think there's any sort of appetite for Dems to try to force anything more than they've already done. After December they won't be able to get bub-kiss through congress. If they force something like this in a lame duck session, all hell will break loose and you can kiss the Democratic party good bye for 30 years.

#19     Sep 8, 2010
  10. Neither will happen, Government ain't stupid. The are not gonna cut food stamps and will try to extend unemployment as long as possible.

#20     Sep 8, 2010