Forced liquidation in silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by western, Oct 10, 2008.

1. western

western

Dec silver trading at $9.60, down 20%. Great risk/reward at these prices imo.

2. forced liquidation in everything

3. Great risk reward? When trillions of dollars worldwide are being incinerated? Be careful out there :cool:

4. this is totally uncharted territory

like trying to predict where you'll land when a tornado picks up your car off the highway

your map wont be much help

5. i'm not comfortable buying silver with such selling pressure. I shorted gold instead and I expect Gold to follow silver down. Especially as people move out of metals and into the index futures.

6. Forced liquidation of paper silver, but no coins to buy at less than $3 or $4 over spot anywhere on the planet.

If only we could actually buy coins for anywhere near these prices...

7. bro59

bro59

It appears debt destruction is overwhelming the desire for safety. I too was surprised by the move down in silver. Metals are in quite a tug-of-war right now.

Only decent place for any physical silver right now is Kitco's 1000 oz bar. Perhaps they are getting these from selling at the ETF but I don't know for sure.

8. I only trade silver in futures. It would seem to me that if you don't want leverage and only want to track the price of silver, you should just trade the SLV ETF. Tight spreads, no leverage, and it's a depository for silver. Why would you want the physical with all the hgher fees associated with it?