Forbes $30-$35 Oil Price Prediction

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Sep 14, 2005.

1. http://au.biz.yahoo.com/050718/30/64f4.html

Forbes is correct ...oil will be lower...

If there ever was a time to SS oil...it was during Katrina...

China and India make up a much smaller part of the last years oil price increase...than has the hedge fund industry in its participation utilizing heavily leveraged instruments...

Just as ¨heavy leverage¨moved the price up...¨heavy leverage will quickly move it down...

Oil will see 40 before 75.......

Barring nuclear episodes between Israel and Iran...which has low odds...is a lose lose...

2. Care to wager on that, fugitive?

3. Arnie

Arnie

I'll take that bet. How much you wanna wager?:D

4. Have already wagered...thank you....

5. With whom? Not me.

6. Just go long and let the market declare the winner.

7. paradox

paradox

Forbes predicting oil is like gates predicting US dollar. They should stick with what they know.

8. mccleud

mccleud

Hi folks,

The economic slowdown of China is a fantasy. The last World Economic Outlook report of the International Monetary Fund says that China GDP growth for 2005 won't decrease too much from the 9'5% of 2004, and that inflation is well contained.

This fact urge us to change our economic forecasts concerning oil, debt, markets...

China will continue to consume as much oil as they are doing right now + Golf of Mexico problems + we are getting close to winter = oil price close to $75 than $45.

Regards!

9. Pabst

Pabst

IMO it'll be difficult/impossible to keep back month oil up at these levels. I've NEVER seen a bull move in commodities of this magnitude not met with unheard of supply.

Oil in the teens kept the producers away. In the $60's people wil
    start digging in their back yards.

10. Exactly.

Coincidentally, just the other day i was shooting at some food, and up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.

#10     Sep 14, 2005