Forbes: 10 Reasons Canada is Cheering

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Feb 17, 2010.

1. 1.5 is insane, I've never heard of such a thing.
    Again, can't you convert USD to CAD at your American bank?

#11     Feb 17, 2010
  2. I never checked, but don't think so. RBC offered funds held in USD I declined. The point is to get out of USD.

#12     Feb 17, 2010
  3. Really?

I would think it would keep you up at night knowing a country that could be on the brink at any moment and controls the strongest, most aggressive, most heavily armed military Super power the world has ever known, is only minutes away from destroying you at any moment if things get too crazy down here and we're forced into a power grab.

#13     Feb 17, 2010
  4. I'm seriously thinking about moving to Canada (B.C.) and taking up Curling and growing pot...and fishing more.

#14     Feb 17, 2010
  5. Welcome to Canada. The banks own the financial system and instead of being wild gunslingers making money on high frequency trading, they make loads of money screwing their customers.

#15     Feb 17, 2010
  6. The Top 10 reasons are...

#1: Incredible natural resources to population ratio.

#2 thru #10: See #1.

#16     Feb 17, 2010
  7. It's a myth - because most of those resources are owned by foreigners.

Sorry to break the news.

Cdn government has been telling this lie for a long time.

#17     Feb 17, 2010
  8. LOL I choose not to live my life in constant fear of wild conspiracy theories that have no basis of truth. But thanks for your contribution to the thread.

As an aside, we were at war in 1812. And we burned down your Whitehouse. :D

#18     Feb 18, 2010
  9. Read any type of customer review from Canadians on their banks. You will find that we are most satisfied with our system.

There are many things the world could criticize Canada for, the banking system is certainly not one of them.

#19     Feb 18, 2010
  10. Right...Abundant natural resources in Canada are all owned by foreigners...

Thankfully we have such knowledgeable insiders as yourself, Mr. Chan, to tell us the truth! We must get the word out!

Please provide some type of link to substantiate your flawed personal opinion.

#20     Feb 18, 2010