For you, Technical Analisys lovers!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by abogdan, Jan 3, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

Listen, "TA doesn't work" statement is probably a wrong one because it reads something that I did mean. I meant the TA indicators alone as mechanical instructions would probably fail for anyone why would try to implement them as is. What I also meant is people make the trading work not the TA indicators. The only way I know a trader could be successful is when he (or she) develop his (her) own interpretation of what is going on. Now, I also meant to say that any sort of additional information (other then Price vs Time) is very helpful. Therefore I tried to illustrate this with the strategy that I posted. It is not the only strategy that works, there are unlimited amount of strategies that could be successful but you have better chance to comprehend the situation if you have more information to process. Traditional meaning of TA (read any book on TA) could be summarized as a group of functions that help a trader to filter out some consistent patterns that possibly exist in a Price vs Time chart. In this respect I only tried to point out that there some other things that are not covered by traditional TA and yet are very helpful for decision making process. Things like integrated sizes, amount of canceled orders, flow of new orders on the book, time of locked or crossed market etc. are not covered by traditional TA and deserved to be looked at. That was my point! I will post soon some of my other strategies that I have developed in the past 10 years. In these strategies I have always used something that is outside of traditional TA and it always produced very interesting results. I think that ET population deserve to know all of this. This is why I joined ET in the first place.
    Regards,

#61     Jan 14, 2004
  2. Roxyman

Roxyman

KLAC covered short
    MXIM covered short
    ERTS covered short
    INTU covered long
    AMGN hold
    AMAT covered long
    QLGC covered short

Don't know how many flips. I don't care what you call it, but it seem good to me.

#62     Jan 14, 2004
  3. abogdan

abogdan

Our 7 Robots cashed out already making 3% - 4% profit (2.6 leverage). In the past 10 trading days we had "0" loosers and our average return was around 3% on capital a day. Call it TA or not TA or whatever. I would not be sharing this if it did not work!

#63     Jan 14, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

You should be cashing out AMGN now.

#64     Jan 14, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

>Listen, "TA doesn't work" statement is probably a
    >wrong one because it reads something that I did
    >mean. I meant the TA indicators alone as mechanical
    >instructions would probably fail for anyone why
    >would try to implement them as is.

If that is what you meant (and I will take you at your word) then not only do we not disagree, we could not agree more.

JB

#65     Jan 14, 2004
  6. abogdan

abogdan

You can now also add MRVL, BRCM and YHOO
    Cheers,

#66     Jan 14, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

I'm glad! But you were right, my passion to what I do should not be an excuse for me posting broad statements with the possibility of unclear interpretations of them. Well, you learn no matter how old you are! I'll try to stay cool next time.
    Cheers,

#67     Jan 14, 2004
  8. Roxyman

Roxyman

OPEN UP TARGET DOWN TARGET
    KLAC 60.81 61.42 60.20
    MXIM 55.25 55.80 54.70
    ERTS 48 48.48 47.52
    INTU 48.31 48.79 47.83
    AMGN 63.99 64.63 63.35
    AMAT 23.96 24.20 23.72
    QLGC 50.6 51.11 50.09

#68     Jan 14, 2004
  9. abogdan

abogdan

This is one of the things that is also a part of the system:

You have to have a trailing stop that is triggered at 90% of your target. Look at the time of my post on AMGN and then look at the chart!
    Good Luck,

#69     Jan 14, 2004
  10. Roxyman

Roxyman

Was my trarget wrong, it was not there on the up or down. I don't understand the 90% reference.

#70     Jan 14, 2004