For you, Technical Analisys lovers!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by abogdan, Jan 3, 2004.

1. abogdan

abogdan

Is there anybody out there...

#111     Jan 18, 2004
  2. Turok

Turok

Hey Maestro, Try Wealth-Lab Developer. Built in FIRs, etc. No problems on the multiple stocks, same bar exits/entries etc.

Couldn't challenge you without it. ;-)

JB

#112     Jan 18, 2004
  3. ig0r

ig0r

You can't do same bar exits/entries with WLD but otherwise it should be fine

#113     Jan 18, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

>You can't do same bar exits/entries with WLD
    >but otherwise it should be fine

I do them all the time without even breaking a sweat.

If I misunderstand your comment then I am not knowing and I apologize.

JB

#114     Jan 18, 2004
  5. ig0r

ig0r

Oh, nm, I guess in a backtest it works out

#115     Jan 18, 2004
  6. abogdan

abogdan

Thanks very much for your suggestion, eh. I just looked into it, looks good. How long you've been using it? Do you like it? I would like to know a little more before I buy it.

#116     Jan 18, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

I could not find Bid/Ask chart abilities in Wealth Lab. Am I missing something? Please advise.

#117     Jan 18, 2004
  8. ig0r

ig0r

No, that's one of the only limitations, can't backtest on Bid/Ask data

#118     Jan 18, 2004
  9. abogdan

abogdan

I have B/A data that I bought from NYSE and NASD. I can convert it to any format I need. Can I import this data to WLD?

#119     Jan 19, 2004
  10. hayman

hayman

Abogdan,

B/A data cannot be directly imported in WLD, since WLD natively supports O/H/L/C only. However, using file access functions you would still be able to access your data that way. You can create sophisticated data structures using WLD, so you may want to read all that data on init, when using it for simulation purposes.

BTW, although I may have some glitches in the program, I did implement a first cut of your algorithm (although I used Closing prices, instead of B/A), and I applied it to 1-minute bars for 2 years of data that I have for 10 volatile and liquid NAZ stocks (yes, I realize that this is a big variation on the theme).

Although as of now, I'm not 100% sure of the correctness of my program, the results did not look promising.......over 2 years, it had an overall trade winning % of 37%, and a 90% loss of initial capital. I need to verify further, but I'm leaning towards the fact that this system will fail miserably in a bear market. It worked better in the last several months, however; i.e., during bull market. It did horribly in 2002.

Unfortunately, I have other systems that I'm working on currently, so I'm not sure when I can verify correctness.

An interesting thought, however. I strongly recommend that you back-test "your" algorithm, before deciding to go with it full-time. Only YOU know your algorithm for sure.

Regards.

#120     Jan 19, 2004