For you S&P traders...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by vonk, Mar 27, 2003.

1. You have to pay attention to the "market delta" for the product you are trading to see what is really happening. The TICK and TRIN together are not anything that special on a per product traded basis.

#11     Jul 31, 2006
  2. It seems to me that the smartest money out there is going to buy or sell futures as their first reaction to any news they pick up on and after observing the market for a couple of years and watching stocks and all the indicators side by side for thousands of screen hours I have come to the conclusion that the minis lead everything so it seems like the thing to do would be to search for something that follows the futures and use them as an indicator rather than looking at lagging indicators. jmho.

#12     Jul 31, 2006
  3. Yes....and why not watch how the volume is distributed on a intra-day basis realtime....the only way to go imo!

#13     Jul 31, 2006
  4. cherriman

cherriman

"Market delta" is a term which is totally new to me. Can you please tell me how to research it and where to get a feed from ?

#14     Jul 31, 2006
  5. K-Rock

K-Rock

http://www.marketdelta.com/

#15     Jul 31, 2006
  6. Watch some vid's...much better deal than NetFlix!

http://www.marketdelta.com/recordings.aspx

#16     Jul 31, 2006
  7. Worry about where price is going to go next. Your job to supposed to be in front of the next move not to be behind it.

Most indicators are for historic purposes and are basically useless.

Do yourself a favor and concentrate on price only in ES and nothing else. try that for a few months and see how much your game will improve.

But, i bet the farm 99 out of 100 will not do that because it is just simple simon. Go ahead and keep trying out indicator after indicator and before you know it you will be either broke or frustrated enough to quit.

George Brett a baseball player once said: When the time came for me to be at bat in a clutch hitter situation and a felt my grip on the bat in a strangle hold.....I had to tell myself to just relax and remember the basics. ...........:cool:

#17     Jul 31, 2006
  8. well said..............there is no substitute for price action......the most important indicator of all & it does`nt lag.
    TRIN is more broad based & should be evaluated in a general sense than the "grail" of indicators.............although it is valuable & should be monitiored.

steve

#18     Jul 31, 2006
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

Price, volume, and time are all you need to trade ES. Indicators will take you down the wrong path, unless you have a truly mechanical system with a real edge that you never overide (not likely).

#19     Jul 31, 2006
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

stick with one indicator at a time until you can watch them both, for TICK if it keep going higher (draw the line connect the lows of each bar on 1m, higher if it slant up) then expect market to go higher, eventually if market can't go higher, check to make sure you have blow out TICK number 1,000+ then market should go lower, reverse everything to watch market going down.

#20     Jul 31, 2006