For YM Option Traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by syd697, Oct 3, 2005.

1. syd697

syd697

I'm looking at the YM Oct. '05 9500 put option. It has a 0 bid/3 ask. Don't mistake it with no bid, it actually has a "0" bid showing on the screen. Is this the same as a "cab" bid, which means someone wants to pay $1 per lot? When I was an options market-maker on the NYMEX, we used "cab" bids all the time, but this is the first I've seen it on any electronic platform. I'm using IB by the way. If I hit that "0" bid, will I receive $1 for each contract I sell? Anyone with experience with this? Maybe I'll chat with IB online. Thanks in advance.

2. there goes another misleading information provided by institutions licensed to steal.

I THINK TRADING SHOULD BE ILLIGAL.

unbelevable

I will say it again, how come all of this is legal.

bid shows nill, yet there is a bidder.

what a joke.

I have not even traded a dime yet...doing a demo.

i am over here lol'ing .
    no wonder 9 out of 10 loose.

if this is not illigal, then there is hypocracy going on in DC

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

First of all, why would you do this? It cost you $1 a contract in commission at IB. So you don't make any money. Second, as I understand them, "cab" trades are closing only. Meaning you cannot open a contract with a "cab" trade. Only if you are already long the contract can you sell it for a buck. Regardless, there is no reason to do this.

4. syd697

syd697

Mav74,

Of course I wouldn't do this trade. It nets me $0. I was trying to find out if those "0" bids showing were actually legit. IB told me they were no good, even though there was size showing.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think the size shows because of the autoquote programs that YM EMM run. Also, when you do a cabinet trade, it's not really a trade per se, but an accounting transaction. So technically there really isn't a bid.