for those who complain about the trade war

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dozu888, Nov 28, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

and notice the difference...

I actually experimented with left leaning narratives for a few days just to see how it feels like to be in the other camp.

the people on the left however, are usually 'my way or the high way'.... because that's the only way to keep that camp together.

so here we have a stalemate.. I think you have been brain washed and you are thinking the same about me... but have you thought about the possibility, that since the other guy has read the market correctly and made a bundle... perhaps you are the dumb money? has that never cross your mind?

reading politics has a lot in common with reading the markets... plenty of manipulation thru the media so that those in power can achieve their purposes.

#31     Nov 29, 2019
  2. piezoe

piezoe

I undertand where you ar coming from. Please be very cautious re your news sources. have you examined this statement or simply took it as fact?

After the 08 crisis. Under Obama. Which metro area saw the biggest growth? Not NY not CA. It’s Washington DC. big gov.
    What does that mean exactly. What kind of growth. Is it percentage numbers they are talking, where the size of the denominator is every thing. Can you explain that statement. I haven't a clue what it means because the type and kind of growth is undefined. I

Are you aware that of the nearly a trillion dollars (700+ billion) of TARP money paid out during the Obama administration nearly all was paid back by the entities it went to?

Have you considered a comparison of net spending during the Great Recession versus Net government spending during full employment under the Trump Government. You're going to be quite surprised.

These crazy statements, you see them everywhere. And people believe them. But many are not true. It is so easy to take information and facts and twist them to support nearly any message, whether benign or sinister.

We all need to think critically, especially in the current times.

#32     Nov 29, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

population growth compared to NY and CA... the financial and technology centers of the country grew slower than the capital.... it's not a nation wide compare because Texas grow for different reasons.

ok so there is deficit spending, but to regain competitiveness with the tax cut and restrengthen the military all cost money... I don't see the problem here... the USD is still going stronger vs the other currencies.

critical thinking skills - of course they are important... I use the term 'independent thinking' very often...

the question is how you keep score.. because everybody thinks himself is the smart money and the other guy is wrong... right? so I'd say perhaps the trading account profits? that's an indication of a person's ability to read the truth, no? I mean if you have better suggestions pls go ahead lol..

and you see yesterday despite I told this gentleman that I lived half my life in China, he still thinks he understands China better than I do, because he read a couple of books lol, without questioning the motives of the authors.

so this is the ultimate question right... how do you keep score... I just can't imagine how people made any money if they believe that Trump is ruining this country... and there are 5 more years to go... so again.. can't save everybody..

#33     Nov 29, 2019
  4. ironchef

ironchef

The size of my wallet and how much I have in my trading account have nothing to do with whether I am red or blue.

Reds make money, blues make money but the dogmatists, red or blue, get slaughter.

#34     Nov 30, 2019
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Lets suppose I want to make you think that the population growth in NY and Ca compared to D.C. is telling you that government is growing much faster than the financial centers and technology centers of the U.S. I do this using percentage increase in population over some select period. I Tell you D.C. grew 5 times faster than either New York or California in population. At their respective populations, to accomplish this D.C. would grow by 36,000 while New York would grow by 86,000 and California by 397,000 over the same time period; yet CA and NY would have grown only one fifth as fast as D.C.!!! Not only that but these numbers don't tell us anything about the demographics. Now do you see how utterly absurd these simple comparisons are. This, by itself, would be a meaningless comparison. The people, organizations or agencies that originate these misleading statements do it for a reason.

#35     Nov 30, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

Ok shoulda been more specific. Meant metro areas NYC SFSJ. Nobody originated nothing lol. I just looked them up before.

#36     Nov 30, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Everyone's a genius in a bull market. I was bullish crypto all through 2016 & 2017, made a "killing" on paper; 600% at one point. I hope those "millions" you've made are liquid or are able to read the top accordingly. And yes, I'm still bullish on the stock market because everyone is, I don't think it warrants it, just like I didn't think crypto warranted it before the blow out.

#37     Nov 30, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

everyone isn't.. I have given many stats on that;
    I am not a perma bull, made my first dough shorting the 2000 naz bubble pop;
    I am already looking for alternative investments, no rush though.. will be a few years till the top..

#38     Nov 30, 2019
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Except California shrank by 691,000 last year instead of grow by 397,000 so your thesis is flawed.

#39     Nov 30, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

wrong:
    691,000 people moved from California to another U.S. state in 2018. About 501,000 people moved from another state into California over the same time period.

#40     Nov 30, 2019
    piezoe likes this.