for those who complain about the trade war

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dozu888, Nov 28, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

We have been predicting SPY tops and shorting it since 2016. :banghead:

#21     Nov 28, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  2. piezoe

piezoe

I liked this long, reasonably accurate historical perspective, though Western Eyes, of Chinese empire building, its downfall and re-emergence. In a little over an hour, A lot of ground is covered in rapid fire fashion. For those who want to hear only the comments re Trump, go forward to start about 1:00 hr in. I was expecting the usual You Tube tripe cum conspiracy theory crap, but this is not that. Whoever put this together had a very good grasp of history and fact.

#22     Nov 29, 2019
  3. piezoe

piezoe

We all know what it means, and it's a horrible idea that is misguided, and wrong headed. Be careful what you wish for. You might get it. There are many better ways to improve government than to destroy all its good features along with the bad and end up replacing it with something far worse. Are you trying to burn down the house to fix a hole in the roof? And sucking up to Putin is not to going to work either.

You'll get plenty of change alright from a lawless gangster, liar, and fool; you're the liar's patsy, however, if you think the liar has your best interests in mind.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    #23     Nov 29, 2019
  4. gaussian

gaussian

The always Trumpers generally have foregone any ability to recognize the situation. Both sides are at each other's throats, echo chambering conspiracies, and no longer working for Americans. It's far more profitable for the elite to keep people fighting amongst themselves through constant beratement on twitter, infotainment channels, and rallies. It is hilarious that "drain the swamp" is almost verbatim the words used by the Chinese communist party. Both Xi and Trump want to "drain the swamp". It's far easier to install a permanent dictatorship that way.

#24     Nov 29, 2019
    Cuddles, themickey and piezoe like this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

It’s what trump promised during the campaign and plenty people think it’s the right thing to do.

After the 08 crisis. Under Obama. Which metro area saw the biggest growth? Not NY not CA. It’s Washington DC. big gov. Big corruption. Big dead weight on the economy.

#25     Nov 29, 2019
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Also el Duce's slogan, but he said it in Italian of course. It's amazing the slogans used by Trump that a copies of past political campaigns, MAGA was Reagans, America First came from a third party running in the 1930s, Drain the Swap from China and Mussolini . Am sure we find Lock her/him up chanted at political rallies of demagogues from the past. Trump's first wife said Trump keep a book of Hitler's speeches on his bed side table.

#26     Nov 29, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

The only difference is. If the never trumpers think the country is going to hell they can’t possibly have the correct bias to trade well. It will be 5 more years of misery.

Which side is closer to reality here? Thought about the possibility that you are on the wrong side?

While I ask people to try the red pill. I actually test the blue pill just to see if there is any merit in it. And I tell you there is none. So the ultimate question is who is removed from reality? And I have a few million reason$ In my trading account to believe that I am on the right side of history.

For your wallets sake. You gotta try the other side. I have actually done it. And I don’t think you have.

The #walkaway thing is the best example. Once you red pill you will see the light.

But as I have said before. What’s preventing people from trying it is their ego getting in the way.

You want the truth. You can’t handle the truth.

#27     Nov 29, 2019
  8. gaussian

gaussian

The red pill is our leader is a demagogue. The red pill is China is rebuilding it's once forgotten empire by exploiting our weaknesses. The red pill is realizing that despite productivity rising significantly, wages have stagnated, and the billionaires continue to get richer. The red pill is realizing that pushing the middle class down further and creating a larger contingent of abject poor will create economic and political instability. The red pill is understanding that our police are ever-more militarized and there is no duty for them to actually protect and serve. The red pill is a "billionaire" (allegedly) president is a sign of the collapse of the economic and political system, creating the ember needed for a full blown oligarchy, and not something to be cherished. The red pill is realizing that the people who keep using the term "red pill" are blue pilled, and you're being manipulated because you refuse to question your version of the narrative.

If Trump supporters were actually redpilled, they'd recognize the irony of bleeting on about "waking up".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    #28     Nov 29, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. tomorton

tomorton

Ah, I just realised, this red pill blue pill stuff is a reference to The Matrix.

I saw it. Not a bad film as it had intrigue and entertaining action, though the protagonists and their adversaries were all robots made of cardboard.

The pseudo-sociological/philosophical reaction to it on the other hand was maybe the most pompous BS of the worst kind.

#29     Nov 29, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

That’s fine. Can’t save everybody. Wallet will suffer but it’s not mine.

#30     Nov 29, 2019
    volpri likes this.