For those using Camtasia...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jasonbraswell, Jul 27, 2005.

1. What are the specs on your machines, and what settings do you use on Camtasia?

I tried it out the other day, and my system slowed down way too much. I've got a P4, 3GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM. I was running CQG and X_Trader at the time.

Do I need to upgrade my machine to pull this off? Or are there some tweaks to make it run acceptably?

Thanks!

2. Jason,

It depends on what you are recording. If you have 2 or more screens and you are recording the entire desktop space, then you are going to have some intense resource usage. I have CQG running on a separate machine and I only record the actual windo of the market I'm trading. This takes up no resources at all to speak of. Remember also that CQG really eats up CPU cycles when set to recalc on every tick and when you have many charts, indicators, conditions and studies. One way to take care of this is to change this to recalculate at bar close or on a given time interval. There are a few ways you can approach this problem including to reduce the color depth in Camtasia, etc.

Good luck.

3. Thanks for the tips. I'll try tweaking it further.

4. I would start first by recording your open trading book only by selecting to record just that window unless you really need the other data. If so, then the other suggestions might help including reducing your color depth and resolution.