for those transitioned from TDA to Schwab and using thinkorswim

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by vic38, May 13, 2024.

1. vic38

vic38

Did you get a popup from Windows Firewall about Chromium wanting access to public networks when logging into thinkorswim for the first time after transition? Is it ok to give access to public networks? Maybe TDA had this in TOS as well, but that was installed so long ago, I no longer recall if I had to give this kind of permission.

2. VicBee

VicBee

I did not but this could simply be because my settings are set differently.

3. Yes, I did. I said OK, as I assumed it was required, but I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully, someone else will jump in here.

vic38 likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

This is part of TOS, and it showed up even before the migration. Just allow it. It's harmless.

Edit: From what I can tell, it appears to be tied to their Education portal, according to a few Reddit posts. So it shouldn't matter if you block it entirely. Also, it's worth knowing that TOS doesn't need to be installed on C: drive. So if you're the paranoid type, you can even run it from a portable drive.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    vic38 and murray t turtle like this.
  5. toon

toon

I did not.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I did. Reddit to the rescue:

"There is a dedicated chromium-based browser hidden inside ToS to support things like the Education tab and some support tasks."

vic38 likes this.
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

The new TradingView charts within TOS will use chromium as well.