For those on the west coast. How do you wake up early?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by rin4et, Aug 29, 2017.

1. rin4et

rin4et

I need tips on waking up early and not feeling sleepy the rest of the day.
    For those who are not morning people and live on the west coast. How do you wake up early to trade?
    I am usually wide awake at night and can't fall asleep but in the morning I have a hard time waking up to trade. Also by 10am I feel sleepy again and this affects my trading.
    Any tips would be appreciated on how to wake up early and not feel sleepy the rest of the day.

2. Errrr, go to bed earlier.

3. Besides going to sleep early and drinking coffee, you should consider taking a power nap (approx 15 min) around 9:00 am PT; this is lunch time in NY. Generally nothing moves around that time.

4. What kind of question is this...you simply shift or change your sleep schedule around. depending on what you need to do. o_O

5. I'm up around 4:45 to 5:30am every day. I'm usually asleep by 10pm, but maybe on weekends I'm up til 11pm. I really don't remember the last time I slept in to 7am. Can't imagine the sun actually being up and me still alseep.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The obvious answer is moving from the West coast. Possibly to Europe so you can sleep through the whole morning.

7. Have you heard of the expression "Early to bed and early to rise makes and man healthy, wealthy and wise" ?

:rolleyes:

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Your heart must not be in it then. jmho
    You'll know it is when you DESPISE three day weekends and other BS holidays. :D

9. rin4et

rin4et

Well this problem depends on age. Most teenagers and young adults stay up late because the body clock shifts ahead by a couple hours due to hormones. Even after a full days work I feel wide awake and alert at night and can't fall asleep till 1a.m.
    However, young people still need 9-10 hours of sleep which is a couple hours more than older adults. On top of all that women need more sleep than men.
    Although, I won't let all this get in the way. I have no problem waking up at 6:30am. However, by 9:30 or 10am I have to fight every fiber of my being to stay awake! And that affects my trading.
    But trading requires discipline and this issue can be solved with discipline.

10. Sprout

Sprout

Walk around the block, gets the blood going,.. until the power nap! Focus and concentration require healthy breaks and periods of rest.

#10     Sep 14, 2017