For Those making over $50K a year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thunderbolt, Mar 14, 2003.

1. pssst ...

(he doesn't floss as often as he should:( )

#11     Mar 14, 2003
  2. wallstreetplaya

wallstreetplaya Guest

238,647.68 for 2002
    up 45,678.94 for the year so far using a scalping and hyper trading technique. Buy and sell large blocks usually 20k or 25k for a penny at a time. Play anything sub .50 for 50k at a time. Play anything under .10 100k at a time. IM averaging around 100 trades a day with minimal commission losses due to the fact I get paid for adding liquidity. This is not a liquidity style of trading, that is only an extra advantage to my trading technique.

All this is true and relevant, call Colin Cody at Traderstatus.com, he is my accountant and can confirm these numbers. Stay humble when trading and be content with what God blesses you with!

#12     Mar 14, 2003
  3. Momento

Momento

haha... i did... Thanks Bolt.
    But now at least we see that i WAS RIGHT! above that 50K category.. there are plenty of profitable traders that makes more than 100K/yr

.................. btw, Is the IRS reading this?!:D

#13     Mar 14, 2003
  4. Momento

Momento

wow... that Wallstreetplaya seems very serious... hehe
    no one is questionning your creditbility.. :p so no need for names and numbers of your CPA.

#14     Mar 14, 2003
  5. Foz

Foz

The difference between $10k per year and $1 million per year is just position size. The prop traders making millions for Goldman aren't any smarter than you or I, they're just making bigger bets.

Start small. Once you know you can make money, ramp up your size in proportion to your risk capital. Compound your earnings as much as possible. Quit your day job. Start a hedge fund to further leverage your trading skill. Or join a firm and trade someone else's money and get a cut of the profits.

#15     Mar 14, 2003
  6. Hear hear! It's the expert talking.

#16     Mar 14, 2003
  7. is pretty dumb.

In order to see the results you must vote, so everyone will vote just to see the results. If only because of that the results are very unlikely to faithfully reflect the so-called reality.

#17     Mar 14, 2003
  8. ***************************************************
    This type of polling
    is pretty dumb.

In order to see the results you must vote, so everyone will vote just to see the results. If only because of that the results are very unlikely to faithfully reflect the so-called reality.

Good point. I think anyone should be allowed to see polls' results whether vote or not.

#18     Mar 14, 2003
  9. tampa

tampa

Actually, people attempting to "vote" in such polls should automatically be directed to Yahoo, and their ET memberships should be canceled.

#19     Mar 14, 2003
  10. Foz

Foz

Thanks, Lobster!

#20     Mar 14, 2003