For those concerned about Rearden M's disappearence:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 20, 2008.

1. jd7419

jd7419

Seriously rolexdude go shoot your self in the head. RM get well. I have been there for a long time and am still struggling with my demons.

#41     Sep 22, 2008
  2. RM.......... sorry to hear about your stumbling block in the road of life. Never give up, you are not alone, your struggles are shared by many who are just like you.

Face the monster...... do not turn your back to it

#42     Sep 22, 2008
  3. Actually, I think RM is a pretty cool guy despite the Rand reference. :p

P.S. "Rynd"?

#43     Sep 23, 2008
  4. Why does anyone believe this to be true.... just because it was posted in Chit Chat on ET???

#44     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Why are Bupe and Naltrexone so much different? There both agonist/antagonist opiate receptors...aren't they? It would appear that do almost the same thing.

#45     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Unfortunately this is 100% true. =(

TheActionKid

#46     Sep 23, 2008
  7. Message from RM: This stuff can get pretty confusing, and most MD's wouldn't know much about it, but I'll try and explain: Bupe is indeed a partial agonist/partial antagonist, but naltrexone is a pure antagonist.

When naltrexone is taken before bed in miniscule doses, the endogenous opioid ('endorphin') system interprets this as an attack upon itself, and responds by generating greater levels of endorphins and other endogenous opioids.

more to come... (eventually)

#47     Sep 23, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It's not hard at all if you have steady access to the drugs, it's only when they are suddenly taken away that problems present themselves. I've been on MSContin and hydromorphone (3 times stronger than heroin) for years and it does not effect my function at all. I take it at the times that the doctor tells me, and its not a problem at all. I suppose an addict with an addiction could be another matter b/c of the psychological aspect though.

#48     Sep 23, 2008
  9. western

western

If you don't me asking, how did you get started using opiates? Did it have anything to do with the stress of trading?

Personally, my trading suffers if I have any kind of distraction in my personal life. I can't imagine what its like trying to trade while suffering from substance addiction, yet you've still had great success. Hope you get well.

#49     Sep 23, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Good luck David, be well.

#50     Sep 23, 2008