For those concerned about Rearden M's disappearence:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 20, 2008.

1. RM would like to pass along his appreciation to all those who expressed their concern... here and via PM. Time for more ugly truth now: No, it wasn't tax charges at al,l but a drug prohibition violation. RM figured out a better way than opiates , but having the willpower to voluntarily detox off a massive two gram per day IV heroin habit is something else entirely. He is clean now, and knows first hand that LDN WORKS to knock out E.D.S. see www.prohibitionkills.com for details. RM was forced to cold turkey a massive H habit in jail... (cruel and unusual punishment), and is currently locked up in court ordered rehab.

#11     Sep 21, 2008
  2. How do you trade with a H habit?

I know a couple H junkies and they couldn't think logically if there life depended on it let alone trade for a living.

Doesn't seem possible.

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Sorry to hear that. How's the legal situation, has he got a good lawyer? Being able to show that the stuff was taken to try and reduce a prior history of depression should be a reasonable case for leniency, no?

#13     Sep 21, 2008
  4. Sorry to learn about your situation, but it's good to know that LDN is helping. Hope you get well (and out) soon.

#14     Sep 21, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Best wishes RM, its a shame that the medical community failed you so miserably that you had to resort to medicating yourself to survive, and now have to pay for having done so with your freedom. I am sure that those helped by your spreading the word about LDN will be forever grateful that they won't have to endure similarly impossible choices. Best of luck to you and hope you will be a free(er) man sooner rather than later.

#15     Sep 21, 2008
  6. Is your girlfriend dagnyt? :cool:

#16     Sep 21, 2008
  7. This is the guy who was asking for people to help him find a job at a trading firm because he was upon hard times but failed to disclose to anyone that he not only had a drug habit, but was also a convicted felon on probation.

He never would have passed the standard screen tests for employment and any of us who would have used our influence to help him out at firms we have relationships with, would have a dozen broken eggs on our faces.

My instincts told me from the get go there was more here than met the eye when he posted this.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130858

RM, you make your bed and now you sleep in it. How pathetic and narcissistic of you to come here and ask for sympathy as if people have been waiting with baited breath to hear from you in your absence.

#17     Sep 21, 2008
  8. pbj

pbj

RM, I am very sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I hope you get well soon and gain your freedom. At least you can afford the very best legal representation.

#18     Sep 21, 2008
  9. I know you've heard the term 'functioning addict'. The term exists because such people do in fact exist. 2007 was RM's top earning year since 2000... and he did it on H. BTW, it would be reasonable to assume that non-dealing drug users don't actually get sent to prison. After all, what logic is there in turning a medical issue into a criminal issue?... but that assumption would be 100% false.

#19     Sep 21, 2008
  10. Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll add a prayer in the hopper tonight. Keep positive, keep fighting! :)

#20     Sep 21, 2008