For the Wallstreet haters.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Free Thinker clearly does

#51     Apr 24, 2012
  2. no he does not. i sell premium every month.that means i create option contracts .
    its really not that hard. find out how an option contract is created. then create one and follow it looking at the outcome for both sides.

#52     Apr 24, 2012
  3. Crispy

Crispy

10mm is nothing and can be deployed or withdrawn in 10seconds....just sayin.

#53     Apr 24, 2012
  4. We can always wager on the size of my book and I'll be happy to have my dealer-rep fax my monthly run so we can settle-up.

#54     Apr 24, 2012
  5. Haha man sorry nothing is clouding my mind and I understand what a covered call is. In the mind of the owner of a covered call, it is one position. He or she only is concerned if net position (long stock, short call) is profitable. He makes money, not loses money if the stock rises and the profit in the stock is greater than the loss in call.

#55     Apr 24, 2012
  6. WTF can't you simply get it into your head that a covered call (synth short put) is not fungible to the opposing side of that order ticket? That's zero-sum.

(all)Trading in terms of capital-creation is not zero-sum.

Short call offering, long call bidding. The call buyer is not trading shares on that ticket. You have a massive hang-up as OI is defined. And yes, you can make money with options alone and in combination with the underlying. Well, some of us, anyway.

#56     Apr 24, 2012
  7. the mind of the covered call seller is sometimes strange. i hear people all the time say covered calls are safe and naked puts will bankrupt you. when you point out they are the same you get all kinds of static.

#57     Apr 24, 2012
  8. When did I ever claim it to be "fungible to the opposing side of that order"? My point as I have said over and over is that the owner of the covered is not losing money when the stock price increases.

#58     Apr 24, 2012

9. The point is that KingOfShorts has given back to his local economy.

#59     Apr 24, 2012
  10. Whooosh.

#60     Apr 24, 2012