For the love of god

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 9, 2008.

1. It was EXTREMELY obvious! I've been telling you for about a year that this is the worst global economic situation I've seen in 21 years in the biz, as well as being a trained economist.

You ignored everything just like Kudlow. Your econ analysis is awful. The GDP drop is yet to come. It follows. We also have much higher unemployment than officially reported, and GDP reporting is now a joke. We've in recession since January.

This time we have ridiculous overly levered firms and individuals which we did not have before. Open your eyes. A massive credit bubble like never before is the result. Take a look at a chart of personal debt. Its gone parabolic (yes I have posted those on your threads in the past). This market is coming off so hard because of the bubble, GDP, etc is secondary.

That said, we are way over sold now. The bear market bounce will be big and furious, although I bet we have an 18 month recession. There is nothing in the works to bring us out of it this time. And it will be global.

#41     Oct 9, 2008
  2. LOL In my retirement accounts, I've been in cash since the first week of December last year. I was just saying that many of my friends have already moved to cash...most months ago when the market was rolling over. I agree, to get out after a 40% drop may not be the smartest thing to do now.

#42     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Son, Its time to bend over and grab your ankles.

Didnt Jesse Livermore tell you what happens to stocks when they dont get over their 2nd high? They crash down, they dont come back and the time to sell is at the high not at the low.

In this case, the SPX WILL revisit its 2002 lows and then it might just decide to head to 525.

Do you honestly think it wont sell off more? It will, count on it. The S&P will get cut in half and it will never reach its 2007 highs for decades. Quite possibly 25-40 years.

Grab your ankles and repeat after me. I should have read that book. I should have read that book.

#43     Oct 9, 2008

4. You're a fool. At this point traders should be looking for long entries.

#44     Oct 9, 2008
  5. Bend it over!!! Yelll heee haaa heeee haaaaaa

#45     Oct 9, 2008
  6. I have to agree nothing goes up or down in a straight line
    IF the selling does not stop there will be more selling as people will wont to get the fuck out to save what they have Left

#46     Oct 9, 2008
  7. I'm surprised they haven't reinstated the short-sale ban. I'm more afraid of the government's reaction to the sell-off, than the sell-off itself.

#47     Oct 9, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Heard today on fast money that an idea would be to drop the capital gain tax for at least a year to get more people back into the market and start buying again, think about it.

#48     Oct 9, 2008
  9. this was actually a very intelligent idea, obama should adopt it

#49     Oct 9, 2008
  10. Yeah, except that people would still have to believe that they would be able to get capital gains. If all they thought would happen is more losses, wouldn't make one iota of difference.

#50     Oct 9, 2008