For the love of god

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Everyone is acting like this huge bear market was so obvious. Even in the 1990 bear market we had negative GDP, double digit unemployment, and much more inflation, and yet the losses were only 20%. This bear market is twice as deep without any of those. It defies logic.

Something really bad is being discounted. Maybe a 70's era recession? 2 decades of no economic growth? I dunno.

#21     Oct 9, 2008
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Look on the bright side.......everything you liked before is a lot cheaper. :D

#22     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Look when the banks are broke as I said 8 months ago things will get reallllllllll badddddddd

#23     Oct 9, 2008
  4. I posted this in another thread.

I've said it for a while now. Investors that got burned holding back in 2000-2002 will not hang around this time. Everyone I know has moved out of stocks in their retirement accounts. They held for 2 1/2 years the last time and it made them sick. This time they aren't waiting around. Buy and hold is how your grandpoppy made his retirement money. Knowing when to step aside is how to hold onto a few bucks for retirement these days.

Maybe the fundamentals didn't show a bear market coming but the S&P chart sure did.

#24     Oct 9, 2008
  5. I honestly wish ST3 well, but this is a traders market. The buy and hold days are clearly long gone. The vol is unf....ingbelievable.

#25     Oct 9, 2008
  6. Mup

Mup

John Mccain will know doubt be saying the same

#26     Oct 9, 2008
  7. It's certainly been "pretty obvious" since March or so of this year on that failed rally attempt (go look at the daily and weekly charts) where you and Hedgefundturkey (Day7793 whatever) were all screaming about "rally mode," and being long.

#27     Oct 9, 2008
  8. -670..straggling sell orders still going through

incredible considering we were green just 3 hours ago

on an optimistic note the inverse of the chart resembles the nasdaq in 2000

#28     Oct 9, 2008
  9. jprad

jprad

Slap a 50 & 200 day SMA on the Dow.

Death cross occurred on 1/7/08, closed @ 12,827.

No shit...

#29     Oct 9, 2008
  10. Buy DXD now!!!!

#30     Oct 9, 2008