For the hypocrites who use the "chicken hawk" slur

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Amusing thread. A majority of the chicken hawks are republican. "Don't make fun of the cowards" would've been a better title of the article.

Shoot a gun and watch them all hide under the table asking for daddy to save them.

#11     Jul 25, 2006
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Your not running for president are you?
    I think I finally found someone I could vote for!
    :)

#12     Jul 25, 2006
  3. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

..... suprised someone hasn't stated the obvious. The vast majority of the military tend to vote republican.....

that's not to say, there would be no benefit in having actual war experience before making the decision to go to war..... (John "Double Talk" Kerry excluded)

the war, while going poorly, is probably not as bad as the hysterical ranters of the world would have us believe.

I'm still hopeful for a long-term positive result.

#13     Jul 25, 2006
  4. LOL, I don't know about bantumhawk, but we'll elevate you beyond gerbilhawk......how's hamsterhawk?

Congratulations, you're not a moonbat!

Your opinion, which I disagree with yet respect your right to have.

#14     Jul 25, 2006
  5. absolutely right - up until the last sentence.

"chickenhawk" is not a synonym for "pro war on iraq," and doesn't mean "civilian." it relates instead to men who not only did not serve, but actively AVOIDED serving (mostly thanks to unearned privilege and political connections) while others went in their place - these same men who later aggressively solicit for unjustified war to be fought by others, knowing that they themselves are safe from any risk.

these men who say things like "bring em on," taunting enemies from the safety of 24-hr security details, knowing their own children will never have to bear the burden of their wars.

men who slap every veteran in the face by saying things like: "I had other priorities in the sixties than military service." – Dick Cheney, on his five draft deferments, April 5, 1989

#15     Jul 26, 2006
  6. I noticed he never answered the question. He just came up with excuse after excuse about why he shouldn't.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - George S. Patton -

#16     Jul 26, 2006
  7. Your reading skills could use some beefing up. He is hardly making excuses...

#17     Jul 26, 2006
  8. amen

#18     Jul 26, 2006
  9. amen again

#19     Jul 26, 2006
  10. Who, if they did not aspire to a career in the military, would say otherwise if they were being honest?

How is that a "slap" to every veteran in the face?!?

I'm a veteran, and it doesn't bother me one bit. Should every Sec. of Defense, in your opinion, have to have been in the military? :confused:

#20     Jul 26, 2006