For several reasons, I have decided that ETFs are just not suitable for trading

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by BPtrader, Dec 30, 2009.

1. chad_17

chad_17

I'm playing options on FXE to get exposure to EUR/USD.

#11     Jan 1, 2010
  2. yeah why would anyone trade anything but etf options? huge cash? how do u have almost 4000 posts and sound this stupid

#12     Jan 1, 2010
  3. no way...doesn't FXE have like no volume/liquidity and also the bid/ask spread is as huge as the grand canyon...correct???

#13     Jan 1, 2010
  4. Apologies to the OP if my question below is a "red herring" given his/her opening post, but since it seems some active ETF traders are contributing to this thread, I wanted to get opinions on the following ...

Have any of you yet noticed any effect on liquidity/spreads/volumes in respect of the leveraged members of "top 20/30 ETFs" since FINRA raised margin requirements for these on December 1st? I haven't, but I only follow closely a very small universe and so am keen to read the views of others ...

Thanks!

#14     Jan 2, 2010
  5. I only trade/invest with ETFs that actually carry the underlining securities to mimic the indicies they claim to track.

The 2x/3x leveraged short/long etf's are worst instrument ever to play the markets. Huge fee's, natural decay and shitty correlations.

I also don't usually trade those etf's who use swaps, futures and other unconventional decaying methodologies.

#15     Jan 2, 2010