For scalpers, what technical indicators do you use?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by FastandFurious, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Inter-market relationships, volume(as its going off), and support and resistance.

here is a link to some scalping that I did today from 9:50- 10:30(german equity market close) today in the Dax . The video is 7 minutes long but it was sped up and is actually 40 minutes of trading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJ2BZ2vCm0

The video quality and demensions are poor( I didn't realize youtube would distort the image) , I will try to fix that and post a whole day next.

#51     Apr 28, 2007
  2. #52     May 2, 2007
  3. what type chart do scalper use?

minute chart tick chart or volume chart

#53     Aug 2, 2007
  4. Hey,
    I just wanted to say that scalptrader.com is now a free subscription!

I was a paying subscriber for some time now, and as of the beginning of September, it is now free!

Good for me because I find their s/r levels to be very useful.

And this is good news for anybody who wants effective s/r levels at no cost!

Enjoy.

-Tech

#54     Sep 5, 2007
  5. What is scalptrader.com using to create their s/r levels?

I use faster than normal MACD and Stochastic settings for my scalp trading.. I use the Stochastic to set-up my entry and the MACD to confirm the entry. Here is a screen shot of the indicator arrangement I use... http://www.feltontrading.com/screenshots/index.asp

My rules are very defined, so my "two indicator" entry method is very cut and dry...I like it simple.

#55     Sep 5, 2007
  6. It's their proprietary code I believe.

#56     Sep 5, 2007
  7. ok..I will check it out..thx

#57     Sep 5, 2007
  8. I'm sure this has been said before, but ALL indicators are lagging. I trade off the tape and DOM 98% of the time. It is something that takes time to learn, but once you can read the price action you will never look back.

#58     May 3, 2009
  9. Price Action and Volume

#59     May 3, 2009
  10. Cutten

Cutten

None.

#60     May 3, 2009