For scalpers, what technical indicators do you use?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by FastandFurious, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Learn the delta first....then go on to the profile....that would be my suggestion.

#21     Jul 31, 2006
  2. Thank you everyone.

#22     Jul 31, 2006
  3. I am confused. I thought MD was a product that allowed one to use MP better, that's it. Is there something more to this before I watch all of these videos?

#23     Jul 31, 2006
  4. dan05

dan05

#24     Jul 31, 2006

5. Oh yes.............the "delta" info is huge when trading!!!

#25     Jul 31, 2006
  6. Do you use regular session when plotting Delta? Does it matter?

Many of your posts you refer to Delta at your back. Is this above or below 0 or the trend of the Delta?

BTW Thanks for posting the examples of scalps the other day. Very helpful for someone trying to learn MD.

#26     Jul 31, 2006
  7. billp

billp

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you trade many stocks, then Marketdelta may not be that suitable. Its more for if you are trading only 1 type of instrument such as E-mini.

Reason: You have to have your marketdelta 'on' to that particular instrument to 'record' the session. Its not like we can call up any chart and see the Marketdelta over any period that we like. At least this was what seems to me when I tried Marketdelta previously

#27     Aug 1, 2006
  8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

#28     Aug 1, 2006

9. Scalping in the direction of the delta (positive or negative) can be some of the highest probability trades that a person can make. If you have intra-bar (3 min, 5 min, etc) and the overall days delta in your favor when scalping, then you have the optimal situation. If you study "delta" you will find some good intra-day correlations to base scalp trade entries from.

If the "delta" is positive for the day and you have a good positive intra-bar delta, you have the most optimal location for taking a LONG scalp trade (and just the opposite for a SHORT scalp trade). By studying the delta on a per product basis you can find really strong intra-day trade set-ups that are as high probability as you can ever find.

#29     Aug 1, 2006

10. There are tools out now a days that you can set your own time frames for watching the delta on any particular product - I do this with my Investor R/T charting now. :)

Last night for instance I was tracking the delta on the EC (6E), DAX, BUND, EU STOXX 50, etc, for the trades I was doing. Same now this morning....I am monitoring numerous instruments.

#30     Aug 1, 2006