For republicans who keep complaining about 50 % not paying taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 14, 2011.

1. I dont think thats true.Democrats just want a fair tax system,like it was before Reagan and Bush 2

Reagan and Bush 1 quadrupled the national debt and Bush 2 doubled it yet current republicans want to keep Reagan /Bush tax policies and make taxes even lower

#11     Jul 14, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Dumbest thing I read here tonight. Go fix your neighborhood.

#12     Jul 15, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

An astounding thing happened in the '90's, Republicans, with their "family values" thingy, changed the tax codes [yes, I know, Clinton had to sign off on it, but Republicans had both houses] to not tax people with kids. The result was that 40 million households paid no taxes at all! That is so amazingly shortsighted on their part, that's 40 million households that will vote for tax and spend because they don't pay taxes....

I'd say that Republicans are just faking it and they really are not EVEN conservatives...

#13     Jul 15, 2011
  4. Mav88

Mav88

Not paying taxes doesn't bother me so much, it's 1) all the handouts they get which gives a lot of them a negative tax rate, 2) encouraged strongly by democrats, they get even more money they didn't earn whenever there is a tax cut on people who actually pay, 3) their constant complaining about fairness, and 4) on balance they take more than they contribute to society.

#14     Jul 15, 2011
  5. Let's make a choice. We have a guy making 10 million a year who pays, for the sake of argument, who pays let's say about 3,500,00 in taxes and another guy making 15 grand a year who pays nothing. To hear republicans tell it, they'd rather be the guy making 15 grand a year just because of his rate rate. No wonder they're so enamored with Bachman.

#15     Jul 15, 2011

6. If the guy is taxed the capital gains rate he only pays 1.5 million(maybe less with with deductions and other gimmicks),but republicans think he is paying his fair share

#16     Jul 15, 2011
  7. Please keep us posted on how this works out for you cry babies!

To Fund Liberal Programs Confiscate Liberal Wealth
    July 12, 2011
    Claude Sandroff

Head Start and an Infrastructure Bank are just two "investments" Obama can't make now but wants to once we get our fiscal house in order by raising the debt ceiling and raising taxes.

But he can get his programs funded now by simply confiscating the wealth of liberals -- many of whom complain endlessly that they pay too little in taxes while others like Obama himself claim to have more wealth than he needs.

Let's start with Warren Buffet, who cries out almost weekly on CNBC at the injustice of seeing his secretary taxed at a higher rate than he is. It's just not fair, and he asserts that the rich like him should pay more in taxes.

In fact he's had the chance to pay more in taxes for the last half-century by simply announcing that his company Berkshire Hathaway would declare a regular cash dividend (it never has). Buffet is one of Obama's godfathers and if he declared a special cash dividend of $20B- just half of his holding company's cash hoard- then he could raise nearly $8 billion for the US Treasury that he so regularly and regrettably shortchanges.

Interestingly, Buffet had the chance to fork over $1.78 billion to Obama just last week from his personal stock stockpile, but decided to give the bulk of it to Bill Gates as a tax free estate transfer. Apparently, for the 50th straight year Buffet forgot how undertaxed he was.

But Buffet is just the tip of the hypocritical, liberal mega-wealthy iceberg. If Obama began to confiscate the personal wealth of the crony capitalists who support him or the bankers who were bailed out by him we might not even need the IRS for a month or two.

During a recent meeting with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Obama said that our fiscal situation "requires people like me, and frankly you too, Mark, to pay more in taxes."

Zuckerberg dutifully replied, "I'm OK with that.

#17     Jul 15, 2011
  8. Mercor

Mercor

All these young internet millionaires and beyond are beginning to show their political leanings.

Never in history has a person had a chance to create so much wealth so quickly with little business experience. None of the Internet players had to deal with much in the way of regulations, OSHA, EPA, Illegal labor,ADA; all the fun stuff that comes along with building a business.

So naturally they don't feel the burden of government regulations, or somebody from EPA telling you , of his opinion, you need to filter up your emissions. As a business owner you either do it or have to litigate the opinion.

It's sad this young wealth and its influence will not be used to help the business community.

#18     Jul 15, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Help the business community unfilter its emissions, you mean?

#19     Jul 15, 2011
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I disagree with your 1st point. I think everyone should pay some tax; even the poor. Everyone needs to contribute no matter how small their tax liability. I volunteer in a high poverty school working with kids in math. I have seen what their life is like. It's really bad. But --- we can't keep having those in poverty having kids they cannot afford to raise financially or emotionally. Having 6, 7 or 8 kids in poverty continues the cycle. Yet some of these parents, in my experience, show up to school in Cadillac Escalades. A number of these poor kids in 4th and 5th grade have cell phones. Who's paying for these? No, that's not the norm but it happens. These kids in time will repeat this behavior for the most part. A few will escape and succeed in life. But most won't. And what's this mean? It means an ever increasing cost for government programs like welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, tax credits, etc. This cost over time may start to grow at a semi-exponential rate. So how do we pay for this out of control expense? Tax those who already work hard and pay taxes? I can see those making $5 million or more per year, especially professional athletes, rock stars, actors, etc. paying more. No one needs that kind of money to live comfortably. Further, many of the above professions are merely entertainers. And the flip side is that many middle class, and above, choose to have fewer kids -- they think before they have another kid -- and many decide if they can afford to raise another one based on income etc. There is no viable solution if "handout" programs continue to escalate year after year due to more and more receiving these benefits.

My parents are in their 80's. They experienced the depression. Did they expect handouts as a way of life? No, they worked their butts off to get by, and ultimately be successful. Today, many people are flat out lazy. They don't want to work. They want handouts. That's their "way of life". Not all of those who are struggling fall into this group, but there are plenty who expect something for nothing.

#20     Jul 15, 2011