For profitable traders only...how much is your strategy worth?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vincentnyc, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Mines worth about $15

#51     Feb 3, 2019
    TheDailyTrader, sle and iccenuol like this.
  2. srinir

srinir

I can also sell my greatest trading strategy of last 3 years for 2x PnL. It is up almost 40%, with sharp of 0.93 and it doesn't have scale problem.

Strategy is called buy and hold of SPY.

#52     Feb 3, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. jinxu

jinxu

Not priceless. I would sell mine at what I would expect to make from it for 30 or 50 years from now as that's how long I expect to live and then use the money to retire early. And the next guy can figure out what he wants to do with it. What's this BS of selling it for 2x annual revenue. That's joking right?

#53     Feb 3, 2019

4. That is real world example of buying a business...u noob that never buy/sell a business have no understanding of the real world.

#54     Feb 3, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

What about selling for 500k to four or more shops? I assume a serious buyer would require you to sign some exclusive, but that would not prevent you from trading it yourself, right?

#55     Feb 3, 2019
  6. Exactly. Even if u are willing to sell it and I buy it from you. How do I know that you won’t sell your strategy to another person to make more money?

#56     Feb 3, 2019
    jl1575 likes this.
  7. I doubt you are making billions in trading even in your lifetime of trading. So no from me...your valuation of your strategy is unrealistic and I have to pass on your offer. Mark Cuban sold his website to yahoo for billions of dollar. And yahoo then have to write down that lost in a couple of year. I’m not that sucker. U have to find another sucker.

#57     Feb 3, 2019
  8. jinxu

jinxu

Somehow I figured you'd be that "one" person that would reply to my post. No I don't have real world experience buying selling businesses and I don't need to as that is not the business I am in. I am more like a robber then a merchant.

On a side note. Are we supposed to believe you are a successful business man?

#58     Feb 3, 2019
  9. because u never treat trading like a business. u think it is all fun and game. let me repeat. trading is a business.

#59     Feb 3, 2019
    OSN_invest likes this.
  10. jl1575

jl1575

If someone has 4-5 billions, why bother to trade?
    Put into SPY, collect 2% yearly and that is about 100 millions WITHOUT doing anything and basically risk free; even if SPY drops by 50% you still have 50 millions yearly, and the capital could increase in time in long term..
    Or they will put some into venture capital to fund some startup and help create something that are exciting or something completely original either for fun or for profits.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    #60     Feb 3, 2019