For profitable traders only...how much is your strategy worth?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vincentnyc, Feb 2, 2019.

1. sle

sle

#101     Feb 6, 2019
  2. Here is The trade you are looking for. Free!

1. Double Ratio spread for a credit. You have a Chance to win in 3 out of 4 possible outcomes. So, it should be robust. If you are concerned about the margin then double BWB will perform closely.
    2. Adjust if the short side is approached. Whatever you use to adjust make sure it is paid for already, i.e for credit
    3. Plan for the adjustment ahead with written instructions.
    4. Fund an underlying that fits your style.

#102     Feb 9, 2019
  3. billv

billv

I think the traders who share this concern might be thinking of forex
    where banks and other players take the other side of our trades.

I trade forex and I would Not be selling my strategies because when my trades are duplicated by thousands of people,
    they will become a liquidity zone and a potential target.

#103     Feb 9, 2019
  4. I have been trading almost 50 years, and I have used various computer strategies about 18 years. Currently, I trade a strategy (live) that has made 21% profit in the most recent 3 months. It trades only four equities, at most once per day, and it goes long only. Given that the markets have been mostly down during the past three months, I'm happy with 21% profit.

I would sell my strategy for $100,000. A person trading an account size of $200,000, should recover his cost and make an extra $60,000 or so in the first year. This is not a guarantee. :)

I have back tested this strategy going back 5 years, and it was profitable (647%). These figures include all commissions, slippage, and fees. I have not tried to sell it, but I don't think I'd suffer any damage if someone else were trading it besides me, so yeah, I'd sell it.

The strategy runs only on TradeStation, but it is so simple, you could trade it on any platform by making a simple calculation every day, and trading accordingly.

I tweet my trades the day BEFORE I execute them. See @RandomFour on Twitter. I also have a YouTube channel, but I have not shown this strategy on YouTube.

#104     Feb 9, 2019
    billv and themickey like this.
  5. market down? what market you talking about? most of the sectors recover nicely since the big drop back in december 21. most are up 20% or more since then. if u had the balls to buy from the bottom back in dec. 21, you would have been up and now is the time to sell out to take your profit. your strategy ain't that special. it is called trend following.

#105     Feb 10, 2019
  6. It really depends on how much I have now. If im worth 10 million I won't ever sell my strat.

If im worth 10k. Then yeah, selling my strat will quickly boost my net worth rather quickly.

#106     Feb 12, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  7. if you are still interested in your question? just give me feedback

#107     Feb 14, 2019
  8. themickey

themickey

Are you from Nigeria?

#108     Feb 14, 2019