For people trading Europe/Asia/Australia markets

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Rydawg2003, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I've traded equities in the US markets for awhile and want to expand to trade stocks in the European/Asia/Australian markets if at all possible. I know futures are the most popular, but I don't like trading futures.

Has anyone done this or have any info to help my situation... much appreciated.

Any names of prop firms or trading firms other than IB to trade international markets ?

2. CateFul

CateFul

Hi there,
    I trade the Chinese A shares. For foreigners you're probably looking at the B and H shares market which are a lot smaller. I don't trade futures so I can't help you with that. I execute via a local broker. If you have a prime broker relationship they most likely will offer execution in global markets. For retail IB is the only one I know. You can also look into those 2nd tier prime brokers as I've seen some introducing for GS. If you go for this you'll probably execute through Rediplus. Shitty platform. But good execution nonetheless. But as most emerging markets, you're always better off going with a local broker just because their knowledge and the information they can feed to you.

Be sure to research into local trading regulations before you start.

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have traded european stocks a bit.

The main difference is that commissions are a lot higher( typically 0.1 % of capital engaged ), which means that most scalping strats won't work as in the US.

Stocks are listed on different exchanges in France, Germany, Switzerland ... but most are not fungible from one exchange to another. There are also a lot of dark venues coming( Turquoise, Chi-X ...).

4. heech

heech

I like to trade a combo option/equity strategy... do you have any experience with European derivitives?

How do I get quotes on options, ideally just a simple service showing me some greeks?