For people trading at GFT

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by jessieblue, May 3, 2006.

1. no, you got me wrong, no attachement to any broker by a long shot. I am checking out different platforms, and the gft platform I happen to like, that's it. I do have my doubts about them, that's why I asked on this forum, I was just looking for people who deal or dealed with them to say: "yes, they are reliable in my experience" or "no, man, they screwed me in the past", a simple answer like that , you know.

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. I was with GFT and left since my fills were terrible.

I like to trade the news (shortly after release) and would get huge slippage and many re-quotes. I got to the point I could not trust using them so I left and went with EFX Group.

#12     May 24, 2006
  3. Are you satisfied with EFX Group so far? Never heard of them, Are they a Market Maker or a ECN? How long did you have an account at GFT before noticing troubles? Were they dishonest from the start?

#13     May 25, 2006
  4. Sorry about all the questions, but since starting this thread I opened an acc with GFT, so your reply obviously interests me. Thanks for your feedback.

#14     May 25, 2006
  5. EFX Group is a part of MB Trading. http://www.efxgroup.com/

They are an ECN - no deal desk. I've had no issues with them so far.

I was with GFT for only a couple months or less before I started to notice my fills getting messed with. I liked to trade around the news when price action was fast and furious and I think they tagged my account because I would get re-quotes, or my orders would just sit there and vanish into thin air.

I really like the sales guy I had in the beginning, I liked their platform, but non of that makes a difference if I can't trade how I like.

#15     May 25, 2006
  6. Well, that doesn't sond good at all. We seem to have a simillar trading style, so I will probably soon have the same problems you had. What was the sum you had in the gft account? Maybe they targeted you because you were on their radar. I have about 1000$ so, I may have some time before they notice me, if I don't blow myself out whithout any help, off course.

#16     May 25, 2006
  7. GFT is a reliable dealer and they have a great charting package. You may want to consider using an IB/RP that clears GFT though. Just in case you're not happy with something I'm sure you'd rather have a firm behind you to go to GFT instead of going to them as an individual to get something 'fixed'.

Sure, we offer GFT's services but we are an IIB with relationships with dozens of FCMs and dealers so I am quite neutral in the matter.

#17     Jun 7, 2006