For paying trading job seekers...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rttrader, Jun 30, 2003.

1. I know a lot of people are looking for "Trading Desk" jobs (or so I've read here on ET). I just literally stumbled across a site, (disclaimer: NO our firm has no add's, job postings etc...on this site and has absolutly no affiliation with it) that list several PAYING assistant trading/trader positions mainly in New York.

I thought some of you might be interested as there are not too many firms that are offering salaries for traders currently. I know our firm does not back anyone that has not established a profitable track record with us for over several months if not years. I'm wondering if this is a real job listing or a "come on" though so be careful, they state BASE pay of $60K+ and a $25K bonus and benefits....it almost sounds to good to be true.

Here is the site and a sample positing from today;
    www.wetfeet.com ...good luck I hope it helps someone...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Salary: $60,000 - $125,000/Year

One of the most prestigious trading firms on Wall Street is looking for a ASSOCIATE TRADER WITH EXCELLENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS AND TRADING APTITUDE to join the NEW YORK Trading Group for this fast-moving proprietary trading business.

This is a opportunity requiring you to support the New York-based Trading Groups as an ASSOCIATE TRADER.

YOU WILL BE involved...

In learning how to effect more effectively, equity trades based upon models and analytics;

In working with more senior traders to deploy trading tactics to achieve desired performance results; and

Supporting the NY-based US Desk (8am - 6pm), Asian Desk (6pm - 2am) or NY-Based European Desk(2am-10am) PLEASE INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IN ASIAN AND EUROPEAN DESK POSITIONS

PLEASE SEE THE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE REPLYING...

APPLY IN CONFIDENCE...

If anyone actually follows up on this let me know if it was a real deal...

Good trading all...

rttrader -