For oil traders

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by BrandNewTrader, Jul 24, 2006.

1. I just started actively trading nymex oil futures a week ago and have already had half my ass handed to me due to the combination of a lack of trailing stops and a freak power outage at work while I was on TS followed by a delayed subway that didnt get me home in time to save my account from losing approx 50% of my capital. It was a judgement error on my part. Price was around mid 77's, I was long, some fool in the Israeli military sai they would be ceasing ops soon, price starts falling. Israeli gov denies the reports a few hours later and price stabilizes. By then I've lost K's.

Needless to say, I have learned my lesson the hard way.

Question for oil traders. Do you know of any news service dedictaed to crude-related news? Energy services are good as well. I'm looking for a service that provides streaming news, news flashes, breaking news, etc. Crude oil news designed for the intraday crude trader. I don't have access to Bloomberg, but even Bloomberg missed today's weather report about the hurricane that may hit the Gulf within the next few weeks...

Crude traders? Feel free to PM me. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Futuresource (esignal) has everything you're looking for. DJ news, wsi weather, nymex, ice etc. It can get pricey when you add it up.