For Obama, killing — not capturing — terrorists is the goal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 4, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Almost reminds me of how the left wing anti-war protestors completely dissapeared when Obama got elected.

#21     May 4, 2011
  2. Perhaps you should revisit his election platform as it relates to military issues. With little exception, and to the extent that he can, Obama is in the process of doing what he said he would do. Be sure not to forget the PARTY OF NO molasses factor.

#22     May 4, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

LOL i hope you were joking when you said this.

Obama left 50k troops in Iraq, doubled down in afghaniststan, and started another new war in Libya. Surely you dont believe Obama followed through on his promise to get us out of these wars.

Atleast he made up for the broken promises by closing guantanamo.... oh wait....

Well atleast we arent waterboarding anymore..... Oh... wait... Leon Panetta admitted that waterboarding led to the Osama raid.

#23     May 4, 2011
  4. Mnphats

Mnphats

LOL.....

I have heard it all now....

#24     May 4, 2011
  5. I dont know...breaking into a house with 23 children that are being cared for by him and shooting him when he is unarmed still just doesnt seem right. If he fought back that would be a different story, but the truth is, this was a frail old man that could have been taken down easier than a 12 year old girl. Its like breaking into a day care to take someone down.

If he had a weapon, there would've been no question. If he was caught in the firefight, it would be no question, but no...it was him and a woman in the room and it was the woman that fought and she didnt get killed. They should've taken him alive. it would've been better for everyone and then all the things the right hates about Obama would've all jumped behind him and we would've ignored all Obamas faults. We would've been more united as a country then.

#25     May 4, 2011
  6. "Palin also declares that the CIA should hunt Assange down like Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda, because according to Palin, ‘He is an anti-American operative with blood on his hands.” Palin suggested that the CIA should consider killing Assange as an enemy combatant even though he is a journalist. In Palin’s infinite wisdom as master of all journalistic endeavors, she claims with utmost false authority that, “Assange is not a ‘journalist,’ any more than the ‘editor’ of al Qaeda’s new English-language magazine Inspire is a journalist.”

Palin goes on to attack the White House for not pursuing Assange and chides President Obama’s administration as being ineffective for not putting out the effort to stop the treasonous Assange and claimed that, “the administration’s inability to hunt down Assange showed a lack of effort.” Apparently, Palin’s gravitas as the authority on journalism misses the 1st Amendment’s freedom of the press meaning as well as the meaning of traitor and treason. Assange is Australian, and did nothing treasonous to Australia, and he certainly cannot be a traitor to the United States because he is not American. As usual, Palin distinguishes herself as a fool and continues to believe that just because she believes or declares something, it is a fact."
    http://www.politicususa.com/en/wikileaks-and-the-extreme-hypocrisy-of-sarah-palin

#26     May 4, 2011
  7. I keep thinking that maybe you'll become sufficiently objective to view the circumstances in balance, and I continue to be disappointed, time and again. You make no allowance for context or partial or gradual improvement. While you will always give your brethren the benefit of the doubt writ large, it is either all or nothing for anyone else.

#27     May 4, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

I view things alot more objectively then you do, point me to all the times when you have attacked someone on the left, I regularly call out B.S. on the right, and am probably not very well liked by most on the right on nthis site.

As for the rest of it, why dont you explain exactly what Obama has done militarily to change the U.S. from the policies under bush? He campaigned that we would be done with this bullshit, but its exactly the same thing under Obama that it was under Bush, there is absolutely no difference, aside from us "pulling out of Iraq" which was a joke since we left 50k troops there, and we we entered a new war in Libya.

#28     May 4, 2011
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Conservatives have no problem with shoot to kill orders.
    The Liberals flipped out over water-boarding, trying to bring war crimes in the Hague against Bush and Cheney.
    Now Obama executes an unarmed combatant and a woman and the left is all excited about how tough he is.

When Bush was president the military was forced to court martial a Navy Seal.
    Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called a captain's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2009/1...rges-capturing-wanted-terrorist#ixzz1LPUtcaPp

#29     May 4, 2011