for Ninja 7.0 - Zenfire or CQG?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by slapshot, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Ok.
    Thx

#21     Nov 22, 2011
  2. marceck

marceck

3. Mvector

Mvector

I know 4 different traders who do over 1000 round turns a month with ninjatrader & zenfire combo - with no problems and nothing but good things to say.

I would use amp if they added Sierra Charts - I got sick of ninjatrader and the inability to use cumulative delta volume.

#23     Nov 26, 2011
  4. jo0477

jo0477

Not sure that's accurate. I use CD, its free with the gomcd pack in the NT forum or you can get the updated versions if you pay for the bigmike subscription.

#24     Nov 26, 2011
  5. Mvector

Mvector

I want historical bid/ask data from my dtn feed without all the hassels - I have that with Sierra Charts standard cd tools. Sierra Charts has uptick / downtick of trades too.

#25     Nov 26, 2011
  6. jo0477

jo0477

Can't argue there, recording the binary files is a bit of a pain. Not sure why ninja doesn't incorporate a CD function... of course that topic has been beaten to death already :D

#26     Nov 26, 2011
  7. fahim6767

fahim6767

#27     Nov 26, 2011
  8. jo0477

jo0477

Interesting, I didn't know that Mirus had a prop arm. Definitely a concern IMO!

Curious (and I really would like to know peoples opinions) about AMP clearing. It wasn't a concern for me since I personally like the clearing business model.

#28     Nov 26, 2011
  9. why is it a problem that mirus has a prop arm?
    Is there a conflict of interest betweent that and individual day traders?

#29     Nov 26, 2011
  10. jo0477

jo0477

I would think that the MF Global collapse should be sufficient evidence that a prop trading arm can pose some fairly substantial risk. The fact that there is much less regulation regarding the activities of Brokerages coupled with the lack of accountability and reporting standards is the key issue.

I wouldn't say that there is a conflict of interest, but I would personally prefer a broker not involved in proprietary trading. I think I'd feel better knowing that there is no temptation to dip the mitts into the client fund cookie jar.

#30     Nov 27, 2011