For multiple monitor users

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LEAPup, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ha! I know you didn't post this in the hardware forum... but it got bounced back to the hardware forum just the same! :)

All I want to say is nobody needs to justify to no one. If having multiple monitors can help you, just do it. If you can do everything with one screen, good for you.

#11     Jun 23, 2011
  2. easymon1

easymon1

More like this, btw, what chat rooms...

#12     Jun 25, 2011
  3. agreed, more posts like that. :)

as for the chat rooms, one is mr weinstein's. won't mention the other..

#13     Jun 25, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

When I started this thread in the trading section, my intentions were to see what multi monitor TRADERS were looking at each day.

I was interested in seeing what for example, a spot Fx trader monitors, a day, swing, position equities trader monitors, options traders, even guys trading ag futures, etc.,

I thought it would be interesting to see what each style of trader spends a large amount of time in front of, and why. i.e., "I have my open positions on a daily, hourly and fifteen minute chart, as well as other equities in that industry group, etc., while monitoring bond yields, VIX, etc., I do this because of ___, ____, and ____..."
    The list could go on.

I appreciate your post (and the others) I don't know why a mod would move this thread from trading (high traffic) to hardware (low traffic), as the thread was supposed to be a discussion of why we monitor what we do while TRADING. I didn't mean for it to be a hardware thread.

#14     Jun 26, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

You are the funniest guy on ET, no question!:D

I'll remember that statement as on a down day I can say, "guess I'll kick myself in the ass for each monitor.":eek: :D

#15     Jun 26, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, if I could get it done with one screen, I'd do it in a ny minute. Just doesn't work for me.

#16     Jun 26, 2011
  7. That is because the moderators either don't read the posts or don't trade. (Just kidding guys move the thread back!!)

Main System

Upper Left - MultiCharts running 20 Swing Charts
    Upper Right - MultiCharts running 20 more Swing Charts
    Lower Right - MultiCharts running 2 intraday grain charts (usually Soybeans & Wheat)
    Lower Left - MultiCharts running intraday Crude Oil and intraday Euro FX

Laptop

Main screen - Winamp playing Jazz & access to icons
    Right screen - Trading Platform & Browser
    Left Screen - eMail & EliteTrader

3 separate internet connections joined at the server.
    TV tuned to Comedy Central

#17     Jun 26, 2011
  8. 6 19" screens, three across, two high:

Top left, VNC into server/remote GUI
    Top middle, bloomberg launchpad with index data & a bunch of little stuff
    Top right another VNC screen into remote box with execution GUI
    Bottom left, (main PC screen with start menu, etc.) and bloomberg news, eco, wei, etc.
    bottom middle - remote desktop into my email/internet machine
    bottom right bloomberg TV, CNBC & more bloomberg launchpad stuff

Have a 2nd machine with single monitor off to the left that I use to monitor the network (bandwidth, traffic, packet failures, etc.) as well as used to test machines, access IPKVM & configure hardware/software on local and remote machines.

Techniclly 7 monitors, 2 keyboards & 2 mouse

#18     Jul 3, 2011
  9. trying not to make a redtube joke here.. :)

hope all is well winston.. should stop by bob's and chat some time..

#19     Jul 3, 2011
  10. I have about 20 different things going on at all times but I'll try :)

#20     Jul 3, 2011