For Intel P55 motherboards 8 Gig performance Ram after rebate $20

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stock777, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ps pompous one.

I run Ib, Qt with 200 symbols and 20 charts.

Two video feeds, one recording.

Assorted other excel apps running realtime feeds

etc, etc. Browsers, the works

zero lag.

so while my shit is bought , paid for, and running fine, you're spending thousands for bragging rights.

just thought you'd like 2 know

was good with 4 gig, with 8, screamer

#11     Dec 1, 2011
  2. What you nerds were arguing over (cas 7 vs cas 9) is not noticible to the human eye....

While you're debating these trivial things, I ordered a ssd... That's really what you should be arguing over. The difference in load times is actually noticible (I had a raptor 300gb 10k rpm before). Not only that, HDDs (disk spinning ones) are the slowest components of computers today. I certainly won't miss the humming of my old HDD either. I'm running just my OS and core progs on it so far.

When the prices of the larger ones come down, I'll stick this 2.5 into my laptop and get several more.

#12     Dec 1, 2011
  3. read closer. we were talking about cpus

#13     Dec 1, 2011
  4. jprad

jprad

Not even close. All I did was replace the motherboard, CPU and memory. Wiped and reinstalled the OS disc, good to go.

Grand total was about the same price as what it would cost you to replace just the CPU in your P55 with an i7-880 -- about $600.

#14     Dec 1, 2011
  5. jprad

jprad

Never heard of a "benchmark," eh?

Current Raptors are SATA3 devices. Put a pair of SATA3 Raptors in RAID 0 and you going to get write speeds close to 300MB/s, which is damn close to SSD write speeds.

A lot more storage at a lot less cost.

#15     Dec 1, 2011
  6. Missed the head of the nail... benchmarks are for no more than e-piss fight rights... like what's going on in this thread.

There, I read closer... so apparently CPUs have CAS latency :confused: ?

#16     Dec 1, 2011
  7. the conversation had moved on.

apparently, without you.... ;-)

#17     Dec 1, 2011