For how long will we be able to trade the Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by alex.samant, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Over the past decade or so there has been debate over the introduction of a Tobin tax to forex. This would be a tax added to every fx deal that would essentially make prop trading unfeasible and its aim is to stop the banks trading fx and supposedly wrecking economies etc. It has never been adopted for many reasons two of which are that some country is always bound to not apply the tax to attract business and the banks would trade fx futures where there is no actual delivery of the currency and call the trade something else.

#11     Jul 13, 2005
  2. I like how you put things, AITBW.

post rating: 9
    comment: Very frank.

#12     Jul 13, 2005
  3. Ok. Thank you all for replying, now.... the question that ends the thread would be:

IN THE EVENT THAT SPOT FX WOULD BECOME UNFEASIBLE WHAT SHOULD SPOT FX TRADERS DO?

Thanks again and i am waiting for your answers.

#13     Jul 14, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

errr -

wake up guys. youre NOT trading the spot fx market.

fx as someone said: WAS the reserve of BIG money. well heres the news kids - IT STILL IS.

ALL retail fx 'brokers' are no more than bucket shops based on the interbank spot market. bucket shops aka ROASO (lefevere style)

so in answer to your questions, these places will always exist as long as:

a/there are 2 bob mugs on the planet (deuche bags)

b/it remains unregulated - and why would it be regulated - youre not trading against anyone so there is no risk to anyone other than you & the bucket shop.

#14     Jul 14, 2005
  5. Ok, but back to the question.

If spot fx would not exist and having the goddamn PDT rule, what would there be left. What kind of futures are the most profitable and tradeable.

And Fred.... Are you using a retail fx broker?

I have been using SaxoBank (and you can't say that is a bucketshop) and i also opened an account with FX Solutions, and for me, the end user, it's the same thing. Does it matter?

#15     Jul 14, 2005
  6. At the risk of appearing obvious, why not trade the currency futures? It's a liquid, regulated market that trades 24 hours, you get transparent pricing and globex executions.

#16     Jul 14, 2005
  7. Chood

Chood

I can. Just ask me.

#17     Jul 14, 2005
  8. taodr

taodr

FWIW.. I heard this guy going on how their operation was on the level.

coesfx

#18     Jul 14, 2005
  9. It will never happen.
    It is like asking :
    Will the Sun shine black light?
    :)

#19     Jul 14, 2005
  10. Chood: What was your experience with Saxo?

#20     Jul 15, 2005