For guys at Schony, Trillium, Opus, Hold, or institutional traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SwingOutOn5, Apr 15, 2006.

1. EPrado

EPrado

The most important aspect when joining a prop firm is that they have sufficient capital to trade and give you enough downside/room to trade. Unfortuneatly a lot of prop firms are terrified of risk.

#41     Apr 17, 2006
  2. Thanks. Smoke blowing aside, your words are well taken. I'll see what I can find in the alumni database.

I've always thought that most other people think musicians are flakey!

This is exactly the reason I'm trying to get into a firm that pays salary during training. Hopefully they feel that their firm's trades are less risky because they attract the best guys, thus their aversion to risk is controlled by market intelligence - at least in theory.

#42     Apr 17, 2006
  3. #43     Apr 17, 2006
  4. #44     Apr 17, 2006
  5. Well, just talked to Trillium. They don't recruit for next year until September :'(

#45     Apr 19, 2006
  6. stereo70

stereo70

I have spoken to a guy (though a mutual friend) who has worked at Trillium for about a year. He has yet to show a profit and they do pay a meager salary (about 500/week). He was recruited by a profitable trader there who he grew up with. He is also quite a good poker player (was making a living online b/f joining Trillium).

I will say this: after speaking w/ him for an hour or so I realized that if you don't do your own research re: the current trading landscape, you might be screwed. He scalps Naz b/c that's what his mentor has been doing for 5 years and seems to know nothing else about trading. Used phrases like "state of the art" stock-choosing software, great rates (.003)/share(?), and that training was basically non-existent.

Also, they are interested in young guys RIGHT out of college unless a profitable trader there vouches for you.

Things have changed so much in the last 3-4 years, and this type of deal, while once great, seems like a joke to me.

#46     Apr 19, 2006
  7. I told you they are a joke before. No firm teaches you how to trade anyway for the most part. It’s all scalping day traders. The .003 is good but the split is what’s bad. They only take new guys because they don’t know what’s really out there. They will say new guys have a clean slate but it’s really easier to make money of a new guy then an old guy because you can charge more. The .003 is good but remember people get that on 100% payout they don’t even give 50% payout. The $500 a week seems very fare though. Its a draw not a salary just remember that.

#47     Apr 19, 2006
  8. stereo70

stereo70

brokerboy,

Please don't lecture me...I get it. Just trying to add some detail.

#48     Apr 19, 2006
  9. CTT

CTT

I have talked to Trillium and everything is pretty much the same as what Stereo70 has said except they do pay a salary for 1 year, and then it becomes a draw.

-CTT

#49     Apr 19, 2006
  10. Hmmm...does anyone that trades at these firms and is successful/happy/profitable actually have something to say?

#50     Apr 19, 2006