For discussion: Do liberals injure blacks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Aapex

Aapex

Black and Hispanic.

However, the school board is WHITE.
    Those that control the budget are WHITE.

#71     Jul 18, 2006
  2. Aapex

Aapex

Rap is not limited to African Americans if that is what your referring to?

White kids also wear oversized jerseys too.

No need to be sarcastic. Just say what you mean.
    It is starting to be a little bit to "Black" for your taste.

#72     Jul 18, 2006
  3. I'd say that to a great extent there still is a segregation of sorts in America. But I believe it is more dollar based than racial.

And, slavery still exists in America. Have you not listened to all the clamor against not dealing with the Mexican influx? Mexicans are the new slaves. And there is a large support group for their cheap services. I'm sure you've heard the crying that an apple might cost a buck more without cheap labor. Lawn care in Chicago is a major passport also. To properly pay Americans to do those job is just too impossible to conceive. So the false complaint is that Americans wouldn't do that job. Not that it might be attractive if it paid better.

Curbside at some of Chicago's finest restaurants, you'll generally find three or four car valets waiting to tend after the Benz's, the Rolls and the like. I am sure they are not getting a major wage for that work either. :)

#73     Jul 18, 2006
  4. Correct! And if the church I attend had white kids doing that, I'd be searching for another church home again. The likelihood of me needing to do that in a major white church is not that great. :)

#74     Jul 18, 2006
  5. Not always true. The school board that I grew up with was black as well as the budget folks. And they were regularly inept. Fortunately, my mother was old school and she demanded to see homework papers daily when she came home. And she was also part of the PTA. And she kicked butt if we misbehaved in school. If it was a serious enough offense, pop took over. You really didn't want that either.

We, my siblings and I, were the products of public schools and involved parents. My parents were involved at every level and throughout the whole program. They demanded obedience and our best efforts. They never told us we had to get "A's," but they would not allow us to give any less than our best efforts. Hard "C" papers got posted on the fridge just as proudly as the easy "A's." Early training and restrictions made for easier times later on.

When we came up in the system, our parents had to buy our books annually. And it took a good chunk of money every year. There was a deadline where the books had to be purchased and they did so religiously. They sacrificed several comforts that they wanted to make sure that their main responsibilities, the kids, had what was required. And it was the fact that their hard earned money bought those books along with our respect, that gave us the pride and didn't allow us to to abuse them. That plus the fact that you would have gotten pounded.

So I don't always agree that the control of the board is the complete or dominant issue. :)

#75     Jul 18, 2006
  6. Sounds like you were lucky to have good parents...

#76     Jul 18, 2006
  7. Aapex

Aapex

Great post.:)

It's too bad that for most kids growing up in the inner city, dad is not in the picture and mom might be on drugs or working 2 & 3 jobs just to make ends meet so the kids are left alone and are left to their own devices. They get into trouble and are quickly introduced to gangs, drugs, sex and the prison system.

#77     Jul 18, 2006
  8. Aapex

Aapex

This can hardley be compared to slavery. This is a wage issue not a basic human rights issue. People who work for less do so because they have to. I had to work cheap and many a dead end job without any health benefits. I know what it is to hustle. I've been working since I was 13 years old.

With that said. Slavery as WE know it does not still exist in America. However, racism DOES still exist.

Good night.:D

#78     Jul 18, 2006
  9. And to this day I still think I got some great parents. I survived a few whippings and I have achieved a lifestyle and status that I am sure they are proud of. Have I gone through racial challenges? Yes! Do I get my share of sh*t for not aligning myself all the time democratically with the peoples? Yes! All this and still just one generation removed from inner city projects also.

My folks had a mission to better themselves and give their kids the stepping stones to get to the next level. And we all took full advantage of their efforts. And in their old age (giggle), they are reaping the full benefits of a life of hard work and dedication to their goals. They raised four sons into solid men. All this without the benefit of not one government aid check also. :)

#79     Jul 18, 2006
  10. This is exactly what made George Wallace the master politician that he was. He was the exact opposite. He catered to the knee-jerk conservatives while funneling money to the blacks in the form of Junior Colleges and Trade Schools. In the end he is admired by all AND reviled by all. Ha! Where is George when ya need him? Where are any politicians worth a shit?

#80     Jul 18, 2006