For discussion: Do liberals injure blacks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Mr. Master Race speaks...75% of members of a race are assholes....by virtue of the color of their skin....

#21     Jul 14, 2006
  2. I have mentioned before, my opinion that spect8tor is but a thinly veiled mouthpiece for certain group philosophies.
    I think you've blown your cover, spec-if not as a rep for said organisations, certainly as a seriously deluded piece of crap.

#22     Jul 14, 2006
  3. Uh, Z, didn't you notice that he said "NOT assholes"???

I mean, that must be it. We all know you would never disregard someone's words in order to allow you to proceed with a flawed premise...

#23     Jul 14, 2006
  4. It's called a guesstimate.

I'd be quite willing to state a number as high as 75%. Perhaps not assholes - a difficult term to define, afterall - but certainly people of whom I was left with an on-balance negative opinion of.

Perhaps indeed....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..."

Really makes you wonder why blacks, or whites or anyone of any color for that matter would not treat spect8or like the asshole he is....

#24     Jul 14, 2006
  5. So you take umbrage that spect8or has had negative experiences with black people, you ignore that he adds that "asshole" is probably not the right expression to reference them by, yet you are free to label him an asshole?

#25     Jul 15, 2006
  6. "Certain group philosophies"... "blown my cover".

Lol.

If an outraged scream of "Racist!" is starting to wear a bit thin on peopele, maybe a bit of innuendo will do the job, eh?

Also, it's rather bizarre that an honest recounting of my experiences with blacks in America would be described as "seriously deluded". It's what I felt, for God's sake. Am I supposed to deny that I walked away from these encounters rather underwhelmed? Am I suppsoed to lie - much as most American whites do, to themselves, if no one else, that, for example, the real reason they left a 'changing neighbourhood' was because of 'bad schools' (what makes for a 'bad school'?) or 'crime' or whatever, instead of because of the very fact that its racial profile was changing? I wonder just who it is that is 'seriously deluded'.

Interestingly, a similarly honest and upfront account of one's feelings by a black is treated vastly differently. Randall Robinson is probably the best known black 'reparations' activist. He sayas in his book, “In the autumn of my life, I am left regarding white people, before knowing them individually, with irreducible mistrust and dull dislike.” [Italics added] White reviewers treated this "brutally frank", and the Washington Post called him “an unfiltered, uncensored, smart black voice in your ear.” Again, I'm left wondering just who is 'seriously deluded'.

#26     Jul 17, 2006
  7. Clearly that was not the emphasis I intended, but even using that, what is the problem with? It's logically airtight. Just as is the statement 'perhaps 100% of whites are not assholes', ie it is possible that 100% of whites are not assholes.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..."

[/B][/QUOTE]

Surely that would refer to some sort of 'in the eyes of God' equality, since men are manifestly and self-evidently not born equal. If not, perhaps you could tell us just in what ways men are 'equal'?

#27     Jul 17, 2006
  8. Is it really the crime of the century to admit you prefer the company of Europeans over Africans, Indians or East Asians? Why? It is self-evident that blacks prefer blacks, Chinese prefer Chinese, Mexicans Mexicans etc. Why must Europeans be the only people forced to pretend otherwise?

#28     Jul 17, 2006
  9. All men are equal in their intrinsic value.

Surely that would refer to some sort of 'in the eyes of God' equality, since men are manifestly and self-evidently not born equal. If not, perhaps you could tell us just in what ways men are 'equal'? [/B][/QUOTE]

#29     Jul 17, 2006

10. Which is more or less 'eyes of God' equality. Or a legal equality. And as far as that goes, that's fine. But it's also important to remember that there's nothing 'real' about it. People are born with different potential and if potential is distributed differently among different groups (racial groups included, as evidence amply demonstrates it is) then that's just an aspect of reality we need to come to grips with. Feel-good 'declarations' won't change any of it. And neither can feel-good declarations change how people feel about other people. It might be one thing to say all men are equal under God, or in the eyes of the law, but quite another to get me to attach the same value to some starving Ethopian as I would to my father - even a hundred starving Ethopians. And since most people think as I do - we value different people differently - you get persistent in-group/out-group formations appearing.

#30     Jul 17, 2006