For discussion: Do liberals injure blacks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Touche!

#141     Jul 29, 2006
  2. What, specifically, do you dispute in what I have said?

#142     Jul 29, 2006

3. Nikky-poo, I think I have a rather more solid grasp of the world than you. Quite certain of it, actually.

But how would ever be able to determine which us is correct? I know! We could debate the issues! What a novel concept! Come to think of it, that's how all other issues are treated, so why not this one? Is it because your own 'comforting' beliefs appear threatened? Me thinks so.

And this is the way you 'deal' with people like me, is it? With 'maturity' like that, I should be glad I'm 'immature'.

#143     Jul 29, 2006
  4. You're right, Dan.

By the way, you're from Australia, right?

#144     Jul 29, 2006
  5. Yes.

I await the big 'therefore'...

#145     Jul 29, 2006
  6. Don't hold your breath.

Good luck in your endeavours.

#146     Jul 29, 2006
  7. :confused:

You're an enigma wrapped in a riddle inside a mystery - or however the line goes - Nik.

Erm, good luck to you, too...I guess.

#147     Jul 29, 2006
  8. wreh1

wreh1 Guest

As far as I'm concerned, Australia should be kept WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant), the very same people who founded and built this country from scratch. So if you're of Italian, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Yugoslavian, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Samoan or Fijian descent and can't trace your ancestors to the British Isles, then you're an immigrant infidel and should go back to wherever you came from.

What do you think of that, spect8tor?

#148     Jul 29, 2006
  9. :eek:
    This clearly is a joke right? Oh, I'm sorry. You're looking at the two segments that hang out on MTV and BET. I see. For a minute there I thought you might be addressing the rest of us out here. You might drop that 100 down to about 87 though. They do tend to emulate the black rappers a lot today.

Does Paris Hilton count? That's itself is easily worth a collective group hit of about 6 points as she seems to be accepted as ok and normal for that type of individual. I'm sure this would give rise to complaint though as that would make them less than the African American segment. And we can't have that, now can we? :)

#149     Jul 29, 2006
  10. I apologize for the late reply.

To answer your question, the short version is that that's certainly an understandable sentiment. Immigrants to Australia didn't really contribute anything that Anglo-Australians wouldn't have been able to achieve on their own. European immigration does not seem to me to have been particularly costly, but one could possibly make that argument, I would imagine. Immigration from Samoa, Fiji, Vietnam, Lebanon, Africa (in particular) have detracted from the quality of life in Australia, I think that's clear.

Really, though, I, personally, have never advocated 'sending' anybody 'back' anywhere. That would be quite a drastic and difficult solution. I simply wish to see the decline arrested. Part of that process requires facing up to racial reality. We can have no confidence in any 'solution' that fails to take into account race.

#150     Aug 23, 2006