For discussion: Do liberals injure blacks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. reg

reg

The movie was Defiance with Jan Michael Vincent and Theresa Saldana. Saw it about 25 years ago but for some reason this movie always sticks out in my mind.

#111     Jul 19, 2006
  2. #112     Jul 19, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

It's funny but I knew what "region" you were from by your remark about athletes. I was just having a discussion on the telephone with an ET member and got to talking about how many pros from your area. From both races. I believe Sun-Time's columnist Rich Roeper is from South Holland as well.

#113     Jul 19, 2006
  4. I most certainly wish you luck, and hope your community activism is not hampered by those more sympathetic to the gangbangers' "rights."

#114     Jul 20, 2006
  5. Ah, yes...Defiance!! Thanks!

It was kind of hokey, but Vincent certainly had an air of menace about him in the film. Probably the kind of attitude one would need in such a situation.

#115     Jul 20, 2006
  6. Yep, Roeper is from South Holland. There was a report done on the fact many years ago and they were amazed how many folks over-achieved in several disciplines who were from the area. We even have an astronaut!! Her mom was a member of our church for many years too.

Curtis Mayfield lived a few blocks over (ex-wife still does) as did (and still do) the Dells. Lionel Richie is a cousin. Isaac Hayes, Lou Rawls, Jerry Butler and Marvin Gaye frequented the community regularly. The Chi-Lites are still in the area (Eugene Record died a little while ago). We've had many folks go to the olympics too.

The number of one/two year pros is staggering. The numbers become larger if you look at the semi-pros and farm club teams. The numbers really balloon if you add in South Holland and Calumet City. And it's been constant for over thirty years.

Of late Cliff Floyd of the Mets and Dwayne Wade are biggest locals on the play. :)

#116     Jul 20, 2006
  7. People on average prefer their own kind. Obviously some people are open enough to other races that they intermarry.

I don't see what the rest of your post has to do with anything I said.

#117     Jul 27, 2006
  8. Lol. You just won't give up on the 'one human race' angle, will you?

Look, these people, these 'asians' and 'blacks' I refer to, self-identify as asians, blacks etc. Your problem is with them, not with me.

My point is simply that having thus self-identified, they prefer the company of people who share the same self-identification.

#118     Jul 27, 2006
  9. And with excellent reason, too.

To suggest they shouldn't is to simply regurgitate the tired old Marxist moonshine about classless societies that, sadly, continues to feed modern 'sociology'.

#119     Jul 27, 2006
  10. This one's for Ricter and other such race-is-a-myth-ers.

Ernst Mayer is a biologist who the site in the hyperlink refers to as "perhaps the greatest evolutionary scientist of the twentieth century".

What does this man have to say on the existence of human races?

"There is a widespread feeling that the word race indicates something undesirable and that it should be left out of all discussions. This leads to such statements as there are no human races.

Those who subscribe to this opinion are obviously ignorant of modern biology. Races are not something specifically human; races occur in a large percentage of species of animals . . . the geographic races of the human races established before the voyages of European discovery and subsequent rise of a global economy - agree in most characteristics with the geographic races of animals. Recognizing races is only recognizing a biological fact."

#120     Jul 28, 2006