for daytrading...which is most important to monitor for market movement?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I agree with this method, but I use the DOW 30, especially once I'm in a trade. As long as DOW confrims the move I try to stay with it.

PS. I'd really like someone to show me how you trade PREM.

#41     Jan 3, 2008
  2. If you check the conversion pricing they will all be within a tick or two (max) of current Fair Value.

And, the Reverse Conversion where traders collect interest on the short underlying sales.

Reverse Conversion

A finance and risk management technique based on a put-call parity strategy that consists of selling a put and buying call (a synthetic long position), while shorting the underlying stock. As long as the put and call have the same underlying, strike price and expiration date, a synthetic long position will have the same risk/return profile as ownership of an equivalent amount of the underlying stock.

In a typical reverse-conversion transaction, a brokerage firm short sells stock and hedges this position by buying its call and selling its put. Whether the brokerage firm makes money depends on the borrowing cost of the shorted stock and the put and call premiums, all of which may render a return better than the money market with very low risk. In the context of futures markets, a trader would be synthetically long and short the underlying futures while looking for arbitrage opportunities.

Long Underlying, short call, long put....that's why there is little edge, if any, with most of the options strategies.

Don

#42     Jan 3, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

yay!

i do get real time nyse tick under symbol $TICK

#43     Jan 3, 2008
  4. LOL.

Don

#44     Jan 3, 2008